Oversee, manage and direct operation of the Fort McDowell Casino and WeKoPa Resort and Conference Center Finance Department. The Director of Finance reports directly to the Fort McDowell Casino General Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for overseeing the financial activities of the entire Fort McDowell Casino Enterprise
• Responsible for various financial planning, reporting, auditing and accounting functions
• Perform accounting and financial issue resolution
• Prepare annual budgets and financial forecasts
• Prepare and review monthly and annual financial reports
• Perform financial statement analysis and ensure financial statements are of high quality
• Assess current financial systems, internal controls, accounting policies, processes and protocols and work with the executive management team to deliver improved results.
• Manage the finance and accounting function and produce monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, forecasts, and reporting packages to be reviewed with the executive management team
• Implements policies, procedures, and actions as appropriate to control and protect the company’s assets and address recommendations identified in internal and/or external audits.
• Oversee finance departments, including purchasing, general accounting, financial analyst, cage and count
• Oversee finance departments, including: revenue accounting, purchasing, tax, accounts payable, general accounting, and casino cashiering
• Negotiate agreements for various financial services
• Oversee banking activities
• Initiates Cash Management processes to position property in advantageous financial position
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Knowledge of the principles of finance management, administration and supervision
• Knowledge of budgeting and financial reporting for a multi-faceted enterprise
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
• Knowledge of Tribal, State and Federal laws, regulations, policies and practice governing finance
• Knowledge of procurement, contract administration and risk management
• Skill in planning, organizing, directing and managing projects
• Skill in using computer and financial and word processing software
• Advanced skill in written and oral communications
• Skill in establishing and maintaining effective and cooperative working relationships with subordinates, colleagues, superiors, vendors, the public, the Fort McDowell Yavapai Nation Tribal Council and others
• Knowledge of gaming and marketing analytics and reporting
• BA or BS in Business and/or Finance, MBA preferred
• CPA preferred or equivalent experience
• Required minimum 10 and maximum 15 years of experience as a Director of Finance for a casino
• Experience with strategic planning, construction in progress, insurance, operational budgets, policies and procedures, internal audit and outside auditors
• Must be able to obtain and maintain State/Tribal License (including extensive background check).
• Must pass pre-employment drug test.