Director of Finance Cobham Slip Rings Naples
This Site finance lead works closely with the Site Leader and Sector Administration and Corporate Finance Director to plan and manage the financial activities of the site. Professionalism and experience are a must.
1. Analysis of results, preparation of forecasts and business plans including monthly Income Statement and Balance Sheet.
2. Owns Governance, Risk and Assurance process within the site and ensures the policies, procedures and internal controls are in place and being followed as required.
3. Have full commercial understanding of all value streams and key drivers within the site.
4. Prepare budgets, business plans and forecasts for the site that reflect the benefits of a program of continuous operational improvement.
5. Prepare weekly cash forecasts.
6. Prepare monthly P&L and Balance Sheet forecasts.
7. Work with Site Leader providing financial support, analysis and leadership in respect to strategic and operational performance while executing strategic plans.
8. Prepare ad hoc site financial analysis and provide business insight to further objectives.
9. Maintain a continuous assessment of risk and opportunities for the site in achieving its year-end financial budget/forecast and strategic objectives.
10. Ensure the site adopts mandated budgeting and reporting processes and tools and instill a robust performance culture.
11. Perform an annual review of the principal financial controls, ensuring all aspects of the Sector Financial Control checklist and delegated authorities are adhered to.
12. Support the identification, evaluation, and delivery of Site operational improvement and integration plans.
13. Work closely with the Site Leader to ensure robust risk management processes are maintained including facilitation of the semi-annual risk management and reporting process.
14. Drive working capital and cash flow performance to achieve budget commitments.
15. Staff management and training.
16. Assist with other projects as needed.
17. Complete all required trainings including but not limited to S.H.E (Safety, Health, and Environmental), Ethics, Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking, Quality and all performance/product related trainings.
18. Adhere to AS9100 and ISO procedures and ISO compliance.
Required/Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
1. BS in accounting or finance or equivalent experience required. MBA degree preferred.
2. Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in accounting/finance.
3. Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, CMA, CPA or equivalent).
4. Work experience in a manufacturing/engineering company preferred.
5. US DoD contracts knowledge highly desirable.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
7. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook computer programs; advanced spreadsheet/database skills.
8. Familiar with internal controls, legal and accounting standards and practices.
9. Experience implementing process improvement/lean processes within a business.
10. Ability to maintain and improve the effectiveness of the internal financial and business control environment.
11. Experience working with DCAA, DCMA, FAR and DFAR a plus.
12. Ability to resolve issues and to thrive in a changing fast paced, growing environment.
13. Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel and external contacts.
14. Ability to multi-task and work with changing priorities.
15. Must maintain a high degree of ethics, professionalism and confidentiality.
16. Understanding of ITAR and EAR regulations (preferred but not required).
1. Working posture at desk.
2. Prolonged Sitting.
3. Occasional lifting (up to 30 lbs.).
4. Occasional use of short ladders/step stool.
5. Prolonged standing and walking.
6. Wrist ergonomics.
7. Workload/Multi-tasking/Deadline stress.
8. Prolonged mental fatigue (analytical analysis and decision making).
9. Computer interaction with multiple screens/programs simultaneously.
1. Prolonged exposure to monitor screens (Lighting).
Cobham’s values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world’s leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
Cobham Slip Rings Naples Inc. positions require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”), Political Asylee, or Refugee as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3) .
All positions are subject to a satisfactory post-offer background check and a satisfactory post-offer drug screen.
Cobham Slip Rings Naples Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities where appropriate. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the local HR department of the facility to which you are applying to for assistance.
Cobham Slip Rings Naples Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D