This is a leadership position directly accountable for the effective operation and performance of the accounting department. The Finance Director will ensure that the various functions of the department interact cohesively to meet the overall goals of the corporation. The individual will also provide clear direction and leadership to the staff through goal setting and timely feedback. Must maintain a clear focus on the tactical & strategic plans of the business and ensure that they are closely aligned with corporate goals and objectives.
Strategic Partnership & Decision Support
- Oversee all aspects of the business cycle for the accounting organization including the coordination and development of operating and financial plans as well as the tracking and reporting of performance against plans.
- Lead the development of long-range strategic plans for the business including capital resource allocation and facilities planning.
- Evaluate business proposals and major capital investments with financial rigor and a value-creation philosophy, and ensure key initiatives fully support the company’s strategy & financial goals.
- Partner with senior management to identify and execute major productivity initiatives.
- Champion internal and external benchmarking to identify best practices that drive margin expansion.
Financial Performance Management
- Coordinate and lead the monthly financial operations reviews on business unit/plant performance with the executive leadership team.
- Provide insightful analysis to drive improved decision-making on material usage, labor management, and product mix optimization.
- Identify financial risks and opportunities, and provide business recommendations to address.
- Oversee the monthly, quarterly, and annual P&L and capital spending forecasts for all plants, and direct performance as needed to deliver financial commitments.
- Support ad-hoc analysis on tactical decision-making where needed (examples – plant staffing optimization, SKU rationalization, capacity planning, labor efficiency metrics).
- Optimize the deployment of capital through rigorous upfront financial analysis as well as formal post-project reviews.
Operations Accounting & Cost Management
- Supervise staff of accounting professionals to ensure timely & accurate monthly accounting close and reporting.
- Ensure proper financial reporting, controls and policies exist across all plant locations, and steward the continuous improvement of all financial processes.
- Provide oversight and direction on the annual standards setting process (including routings, scrap & usage rates, and overhead cost assignments) and provide maintenance as required.
- Drive development and enhancement of standard cost systems where needed.
- A minimum of 7 years of finance leadership experience within a manufacturing and/or supply chain operations environment.
- Strong business acumen and strategic-orientation.
- Must understand and deeply appreciate the connection between sales, marketing, and operations, and be capable of driving results across functional boundaries.
- Experience working with and advising senior management on financial and business strategy.
- Exceptional presentation skills are a must. Hands-on approach to business and a willingness to get involved in the financial details to shape data into meaningful operational analysis.
- Ability to think outside the box to find new ways to improve the operation and to grow the business profitably.
- Good working knowledge of general accounting and internal controls.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and manage people.
Click Here To Apply