Our client is a very well-known non profit organization located in Anne Arundel County. We have an immediate opening for a full-time Director of Human Resources.
The Director of Human Resources guides and manages the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for the entire company. The Director of Human Resources also provides leadership for the Human Resources Department and also serves as an active member of our clients Leadership Team.
Trainings, Licenses and Certifications
Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, and training and development. SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential is preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage unemployment, worker’s compensation, benefits, EEOC, ADA, FMLA and other labor law programs ensuring the company is in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Oversee the hiring, performance, and separation process; Assist in employee relations and employee development process as appropriate; Ensure the company is in compliance with all federal, state, and local laws.
- Monitor, coach, & counsel managers
- Conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations. Provides meaningful analytical data and action plans for recruitment and retention efforts.
- Oversee Training Program ensuring that employees are in compliance according to the rules and regulations of OHCA, DDA and MBON.
- Create and publish the Employee Newsletter and other employee branding and engagement material.
- Conduct and/or participate in employee related complaints and investigations.
- Recommend changes in benefits offered
- Research and implement best practices in all areas; Work closely with Bello Machre’s management team, providing feedback and options as appropriate.
- Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan.
- Communicate changes in the organization's personnel policies and procedures and ensures that proper compliance is followed.
- Maintain a safe workplace compliance program with the goal of accident prevention.
- Provide daily management for the Human Resources and Training team; Conduct individual supervisory meetings at least biweekly, documenting all meetings appropriately; Provide training, guidance, and support to staff on an on-going basis.
- Acts as a member of the Leadership team, participate on committees and special projects and seeks additional responsibilities, Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, Organization Development.
- SPHR, PHR preferred.
- 4+ years’ experience in HR management role.
- A minimum of 4 years of supervisory experience.