A leading provider of Post-Acute Rehabilitation Services throughout Virginia for more than 25 years, is currently looking to add a Full-Time Director of Maintenance to our Growing Family. We provide a team-oriented work environment that allows you to thrive both professionally and personally.
The Director of Maintenance reports to and receives general direction from the Chief Administrative Officer and is responsible for the overall operations of the Maintenance Department in compliance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and established policies and procedures to enhance the quality of life of our residents by assuring the facility, grounds, and equipment are repaired and maintained in a safe, clean and orderly manner.
Degree of Supervision:
The Director of Maintenance reports to and receives general direction from the Regional Director of Maintenance (When Applicable) or the Chief Administrative Officer.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 – 3 years previous experience in a similar role.
- Hospital building maintenance, a plus. But not required
- Demonstrated knowledge of the operations and maintenance of facilities and grounds including carpentry, electrical, mechanical, water and septic, security and alarm systems, HVAC systems, grounds maintenance and code requirements.
- Demonstrated mechanical, electrical and repair abilities.
- Ability to operate various maintenance equipment and tools.
- Knowledge of OSHA safety regulations and penalties, state safety regulations, and environmental policies affecting facility maintenance.
- Must be accessible by phone/pager to handle facility emergencies during unscheduled work hours.
Physical & Mental Demands:
- Must be able to push, pull, move and/or lift a minimum of 50 pounds, perform moderately strenuous tasks and to climb ladders.
- Must be able to stand, bend, lift and move intermittently throughout the work day throughout the facility both indoors and outdoors.
- Must be able to work outside of normal work hours including nights, holidays, and weekends as needed to meet facility and position demands.
- Must be free of diseases that may be transmitted in the performance of job responsibilities during the stage of communicability.
Works throughout the facility both indoors and outside in all types of weather conditions. Works beyond normal duty hours, on weekends and holidays when necessary. Is subject to falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc. throughout the work day. Must be on call 24 hours per day to respond to facility emergencies. May be exposed to dust, fumes, allergens and air contaminants. Interacts with residents, family members, and staff under all conditions and circumstances. May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, and conditions including but not limited to exposure to hepatitis B viruses.
Receipt & Acknowledgement:
I acknowledge and understand the following:
- Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind, and that my employment is “at-will”.
- The job description provides a general summary of the position in which I am employed, that the contents of this job description are job requirements and, at this time, I know of no limitations which would prevent me from performing these functions with our without accommodation. I further understand that it is my responsibility to inform my supervisor at any time that I am unable to perform these functions.
- Job duties, tasks, work hours, and work requirements may be changed at any time.
- Acceptable job performance includes completion of the job responsibilities, as well as compliance with the policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- I have read and understand this job description.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Supervision of Maintenance, Laundry & Housekeeping staff in fulfillment of department programs and activities within budget, with high quality and on schedule.
- Supervise maintenance, laundry and housekeeping staff with direct and indirect responsibilities for interviewing, selection, training, motivating, wage and salary recommendations, and performance appraisals.
- Review maintenance, laundry, and housekeeping department punch detail reports on a daily basis. Promptly research and submit missed punch forms, PTO requests, etc. as needed to correct daily punches. Sign all punch detail reports, missed punch forms, and PTO requests to authorize payment.
- Enhance company posture on EEO/ADA by making a good faith effort to recruit, select, develop, and retain protected class employees.
- Assure all maintenance, laundry, and housekeeping staff attends required training in hazardous communications and safety.
- Determine appropriate staffing levels and approve PTO requests for all direct reports.
- Orient and train staff in proper work practices upon hire.
- Conduct and evaluate retraining and refresher training for all maintenance, housekeeping and laundry staff, as needed.
- Monitor maintenance, laundry, and housekeeping staff to assure that they are following established safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Ensure maintenance, laundry, and housekeeping staff actively participates in fire, safety and disaster preparedness drills.
- Maintain safe working conditions and practices throughout the department.
Develop and implement Action Plans to meet the goals of the Maintenance Department.
- Develop and executive a comprehensive plan that addresses on-going building, grounds, and equipment maintenance needs.
- Provide periodic building condition assessments, including documentation and scope/pricing information to be used in the capital budgeting process.
- Develop and executive a comprehensive preventative maintenance program.
- Respond to oral and written feedback from residents on building, grounds, and equipment issues and concerns as appropriate.
- Review requests and establish priorities for repair projects.
- Obtain bids, evaluate bidders and recommend bid awards for projects requiring outside contractors.
- Monitor maintenance, laundry, and housekeeping staff’s adherence to Employee Handbook policies and procedures. Provide appropriate counseling and discipline, as needed.
- Maintain safe working conditions and practices throughout the department, and ensure that department staff follows established safety regulations in the use of equipment and supplies.
- Maintain a written record of resident’s complaints and/or grievances that indicate the action taken to resolve the complaint and the current status of the complaint.
Perform routine repairs and preventative maintenance for building, grounds and equipment.
- Maintain and repair building as needed. Such as repairing windows and doors; painting; carpentry work.
- Maintain and repairs building systems including, but not limited to electric wiring and controls, heating, ventilation and plumbing. Such as installing and repairing plumbing and electrical fixtures; opening clogged drains.
- Direct seasonal projects such as roof maintenance and repair, parking lot repair, and HVAC maintenance.
- Responsible for snow and ice removal, application of salt and ice melt to sidewalks, and parking areas.
- Grounds maintenance to include cutting grass, trimming, raking and mulching.
- Maintenance and repair of security and alarm systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance functions such as filter replacements, change oil, filters, and replacement of hoses, batteries, bulbs, and fuses in accordance per established preventative maintenance schedules.
- Develop and maintain inventory of spare and repair parts, materials, and tools. Accurately account and safety store maintenance equipment and tools.
- Provide immediate response to emergency situations (e.g. no heat, frozen water lines, building vandalism, etc.)
Develop and implement safety, fire, and disaster preparedness programs, and OSHA compliance.
- Conduct routine checks of fire alarms and security systems.
- Coordinate and document fire, safety, and disaster preparedness drills.
- Maintain SDS sheets.
- Implement and conduct a comprehensive Safety Orientation program for all new hires. The Orientation program for all employees must include a minimum of the following: fire drill procedures, disaster procedures, alarm panel review, emergency water supply, OSHA regulations, tour of facility including shut-off valves, evacuation routes, etc.
Assist in preparing an annual operating budget for approval by the Chief Administrative Officer and allocate department resources to carry out department objectives within established budget.
- Assist in preparing and planning the Maintenance Department’s budget for equipment, supplies and labor.
- Assist in preparing and planning the Capital Expenditure Budget.
- Review and interpret monthly department financial statements and take appropriate corrective action in response to variances and trends in order to conform to the approved budget.
- Maintain current written records of department expenditures and assure that adequate financial records and cost reports are submitted as necessary.
- We offer a highly competitive salary, based on experience.
We also offer many other workplace benefits including...
- A very competitive Comprehensive Benefits Package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life, Short term and long-term disability plans, PTO, 401K with generous company match, and more.