Director of Nursing – DON
This position is located in Mechanicsville, VA. We are offering relocation assistance!
To qualify for this opportunity all we ask is that you:
• Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of employment
• Must have, as a minimum, two (2) year of recent experience in supervisory role in a nursing care facility
What Autumn Care has to offer:
Autumn Care, a rapidly growing and patient-centered organization, believes in patient care before profit. We believe in recognizing our staff because they make the biggest impact on the residents and others around them. We offer opportunities for advancement and growth throughout our organization. We offer competitive wages and benefits to help you provide better for yourself and your family!
As a Director of Nursing (DON) we are not just looking for a clinically sound person, we want someone who fits into our desired culture as well:
• Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate and direct the nursing service department
• Assist in the recruitment and interviewing of nursing personnel
• Ensure licensed nurses and nurse aides have current certification and/or license
• Monitor nursing care to ensure all residents are treated fairly and with kindness, dignity, and respect
• Ensure the facility’s policies and procedure governing advance directives are reviewed with the resident and/or representative
• Maintain and periodically update written policies and procedures
• Develop methods for coordination of nursing services with other disciplines to ensure continuity of holistic care of the residents
• Assist with discharge planning to assure the discharge of a resident is a proper discharge and the resident and family are provided for upon discharge
• Assist with maintaining a strong, manageable and useful Quality Assurance Committee that meets monthly
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and also promote a drug-free workplace.