Reporting to the Vice President / General Manager, the Director of Operations is responsible for providing results driven leadership in the day-to-day oversight of ChemAid’s manufacturing, warehousing and facilities operations. The Director of Operations will be responsible for developing and implementing short and long term operational excellence strategies to optimize the overall production model, drive continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility and deliver industry leading customer service results. This positon is a key member of the senior management team and will be influential in providing guidance and input towards the company’s strategic plans and business strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working closely with ChemAid’s Supply Chain team, evaluate capacity models and develop production plans to meet operational goals and KPI’s in on time delivery, schedule execution, inventory optimization, and cost control.
- Select, train, mentor and develop Operations staff to achieve department and company objectives while creating an empowered and accountable team culture
- Drive continuous improvement by utilizing KPI’s and key metrics throughout all areas of responsibility. Collaborate across all departments to ensure top level performance against customer scorecards and other performance measures.
- Oversee and lead EH&S programs, foster a safe and productive work environment driving employee involvement and ownership in developing a safety first / zero accident culture.
- Work with Sales, R&D, Operations, suppliers and key customer contacts to assure timely execution of new product programs and launches.
- Ensure that all departments operate in accordance with department SOP’s and within FDA and cGMP standards.
- Manage capital projects and operational plans to ensure on time, on budget execution
- Oversee facilities and maintenance operations, including use of preventative maintenance programs and lean principles, to minimize facility and equipment downtime while meeting department budget objectives.
- Evaluate operational value streams for opportunities to incorporate new technologies, best practices and lean principles to provide an optimal strategy for reducing cycle times and maximizing performance against key KPIs and metrics.
- Integrate operational process with QA/QC systems to achieve top level quality results
- Provide effective leadership, support and direction to the facility, in support of creating an organization dedicated to safety, quality, customer service, and innovation.
- Perform other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Operations Management or other related field.
- 5+ years leadership and on-hands experience in manufacturing and warehouse operations, preferably in a contract manufacturing environment.
- Strong understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles, continuous improvement, and visual management. Experience implementing Lean methodologies within manufacturing and warehouse operations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement operational strategies that align with company objectives
- Strong knowledge and experience with ERP systems, MRP, Excel, project management software and other computer based analytical tools.
- Strong oral, written and organizational skills
- Strong people and leadership skills. Proven ability to motivate, inspire and develop high-performance, empowered teams.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated and organized individual. Passionate about continuous improvement and willing to “think outside of the box”.
- Familiarity with Safety programs and OSHA regulations.