Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE: SBH) is the world’s largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies. Our world headquarters is conveniently located in Denton Texas, just 5 minutes north of Lake Lewisville off of I35E.
We are currently looking for a Director of Product Development to join our team! This person will be responsible for bringing products/brands to market that drive growth and profitability for a portfolio of brands within the Cosmetics, Nail, Skin Care and Styling Tools categories. Must be keenly aware of applicable trends and demand the highest quality standards and innovations in all new products. Must be able to identify, develop, and/or evaluate comprehensive strategy for assigned brands. Will lead and oversee the product development cycle from new product initiation to completion of production for all new product launches and revisions. Will create comprehensive action plans for product concepts, design, promotion, product launch strategies and execution and collaborate with cross functional teams: Sales Ops, Marketing, Merchandising, etc. Will bring knowledge of best practices and will manage necessary restructuring of internal processes related to new product development.
- Lead and oversee the product development cycle from new product initiation to completion of production for all new product launches and revisions. Create comprehensive action plans for product concepts, design, promotion, product launch strategies and execution. Approximately 50 – 75 products launched annually.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure successful launch and promotional requirements are met to achieve the expected level of success for all new brands and products.
- Consistently seek opportunities for innovative/incremental newness.
- Recruit, train, motivate, retain and direct assigned staff effectively and within budget to accomplish departmental and organizational objectives.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s ethics and EEO policies both personally and within the organization managed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- At least 3-5 years of hands-on beauty product development experience in a consumer packaged goods industry, preferably in the beauty industry
- Managerial experience of at least 3-5 years.
- Strong interest in beauty and a keen awareness of trends
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Passionate and able to demonstrate entrepreneurship
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA preferred
- Ability to take projects from creative inception to final implementation.
- Must be passionate about beauty. Needs to be a forward thinker with ability to evaluate business opportunities. Needs to be organized to be able manage large volumes of detail and information. Needs to be a team-player to create and achieve common objectives. Needs to be a relationship builder to develop vendor community and internal support for achieving objectives.
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with company match.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.
- Flexible Schedules