Wisconsin Heavy & Midrange Equipment Distributor searching for a motivated, sales-focused and most importantly customer-focused individual to manage, develop and grow our sales team and department. We offer a full line of benefits, 401K and competitive salary for this position.
Apply today for an interview to find out more about our growing organization and this position.
Under the direction of the Dealer Principal, the Sales Manager directs and coordinates the activities of the Sales and Marketing departments of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and
responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
1. Through joint consideration and planning with management, determine and formulate sales and marketing objectives, policies, and sales programs designed to achieve maximum volume and profitable operation.
2. Direct and participate in developing, establishing, motivating, and training an effective sales force to
market company products.
3. Develop forecasts and resolve procedural problems.
4. Establish pricing margins.
5. Foster, guide, and monitor training, motivating, and sales incentive programs, and evaluate results of such applications to determine effects.
6. Make field trips and otherwise maintain contacts with representatives and customers to assist with selling and closing orders with major customers.
7. Handle inquiries and complaints, provide advertising material, price lists and estimates, application and
other services as required.
8. Supervise the maintenance of records and files and the preparation of reports having to do with sales
9. Analyze reports and prepare recommendations as to policy or procedural improvements, forecasts and
project operating budgets.
10. Assist Marketing with development of sales materials to support the staff.
11. Analyze existing company products as opposed to competitive lines relative to price and marketability, and where warranted, recommend changes in sales techniques, design improvement, or other procedures for approval.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/Or Experience
Requires a broad sales/marketing experience of five or more years preferably in a distribution environment. Requires previous managerial experience and a proven sales history.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical
specifications and procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business
correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to use statistical problem-solving skills to forecast future sales potential.
Computer Literate with Experience in Microsoft Word and Excel, Experience with CRM Software a plus.