Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we know our employees are our biggest asset. And we want the right leadership in place to set them up for success. As the Senior Manager Area Sales, you will lead a team of account executives, manage pipeline accounts, increase XPO’s market share, achieve revenue and volume growth goals, and excel at performance management. By putting your years of experience selling, building relationships, and executing initiatives to work for XPO, you’ll be building a bright future for yourself.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive program.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Perform as the sales leader in an assigned district, represent upper management and communicate direction to national account executives; growing revenue and profit for all assigned accounts within the 3rd Party Logistics (3PL) vertical
- Directly supervise account executives, including hiring, performance reviews, discipline, and making termination recommendations
- Know the industrial makeup and business activity within the geographic area; the competition and their locations, scope of service, pricing actions, and competitive strengths and weaknesses
- Utilize reporting tools provided (salesforce.com, BI, etc.) to monitor progress, analyze trends and revenue, and develop corrective strategies to achieve company goals
- Train, teach, coach, and mentor new account executives with tailored development plans, and retain experienced and effective account executives; develop individual territory goals and quotas for each account executive
- Develop and maintain multi-level customer relationships to uncover specific needs and behaviors of key decision makers including targeted entertainment planning appropriate to revenue volume, potential, profitability, and buyer behavior of each customer account
- Develop and maintain rapport with service center personnel and District General Manager and ensure strong line of communication exists; collaborate with District General Manager on goals, share customer concerns and execute customer strategies
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- 6 years of sales experience
- Success meeting sales goals in previous roles, and a strong desire to win
- Sales management experience
- Experience in supervisory or management role
- Experience in transportation industry sales
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management, and organization skills
- Ability to actively listen and respond to questions with complete and accurate answers
- Ability to understand competitor strategies, products and pricing patterns
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Availability to work evenings and weekends as necessary
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent skills and/or work experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access)
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.