Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Director of System Outreach is responsible for leading the health system strategy and sales planning for provider outreach, including the health system alignment, management sales training, planning & liaison operations, and direct management of the Physician Liaisons. Travel is necessary.
Sales Strategy & Planning
• Work with service line clinical and marketing leadership to identify and develop program development and retention outreach strategies for target markets.
• Lead health system outreach meetings with outreach teams across all hospital entities.
• Interface with all functional areas including other health system liaisons, physician marketing and outreach coordinator.
Data and Reporting Management
• Work in close collaboration with analytics team to develop standard communication and reporting for different health system stakeholders.
• Develop regular outreach activity reports and dashboards.
• Work with all system outreach programs to ensure consistent usage and reporting within the PRM platform, and lead any necessary training.
• Manage sales plan initiatives of physician liaisons, including tracking/trending, documentation and completion of sales plans.
• Lead cross-system outreach initiatives, integrating different audience and entity strategies.
• Development and management of ongoing sales training.
• Work closely with physician data analyst to review territory development and assignments.
• Outreach budget management and reporting
• Lead continuous improvement processes for outreach activity and operations.
• Ensure compliance with internal and external policy and procedures, and state and federal STARK reporting laws.
Partner/Affiliate Relationship Development
• Lead organization of between affiliates, and partner locations, and resource to network locations
• Responsible for issue resolution program development and management. Manage and support overall structure, recreate systems for problem tracking and resolution, ensuring high quality professional communication and service to the network.
• Develop relationships with regional community hospitals to facilitate grand rounds programs, and other education/relationship development opportunities.
Management of Direct Reports
• Monitor staff performance and provide appropriate feedback on a regular basis; seek ways to ensure optimal performance through training and other available methods.
• Ensure annual performance evaluations are completed on all staff and address performance concerns in a timely manner.
• Partner with Human Resources to staff vacant positions, address performance concerns/issues, and bring to resolution.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• 10+ years of professional or administrative experience in healthcare, understanding of medical terminology and prior experience working with physicians, sales and/or marketing
• Previous sales management experience required.
• Experience working with Salesforce, or other relationship management tracking program required
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of resources, market and business data and ability to apply this information in the development, implementation, measurement and evaluation of marketing programs.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to understand the needs of internal and external clients and devise ways to bridge these needs to achieve goals.
• Maintains and nurture relationships with key customers.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize projects effectively and develop processes and team.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills.
• Ability to utilize critical thinking.
• Ability to be self-motivated and a self-starter, ability to “think on your feet” and possesses an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Continuous improvement skills.
• Demonstrated customer service skills.
• Represents Penn Medicine in a consistently professional manner.
• Valid driver’s license, car availability with appropriate insurance coverage.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.