Job ID: 142815
Anchor, a CRH company, is a division of the Oldcastle Architectural Products Group (APG). APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 165 operating locations and more than 5,000 employees.
Job Description Summary
As the Transportation Director, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing all logistics matters for the business. This position will be responsible for regulatory compliance, monitoring transportation costs, management of transportation relationships and providing continuous improvement tracked through key performance indicators. Additionally, ensure vehicles and equipment operate safely, effectively and economically.
- Responsible for strategic logistical planning for all locations
- Ensure select carriers are responding to the daily customer service requirements and are operating within established budget guidelines and contractual agreements
- Review and research with new and existing transportation vendors; programs to reduce, replace and improve upon transportation costs
- Oversee maintenance on all company owned equipment (50+ units). Make recommendations for future Capex purchases
- Resolve service failure issues
- Company contact for insurance claims when the claims involve company drivers or trucks leased by the company
- Manage the company vehicle lease program (tractors, trailers, pick-up trucks and automobiles) including but not limited to: negotiating all lease contracts, vehicle recommendations and selection, writing vehicle specifications for bid, and ordering/receiving/deploying equipment
- Implement transportation related company policy and programs and keep current on government rules and regulations, reporting when necessary to management team
- Develop and implement processes and procedures that will drive business value
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- Managing the process of complete background checks and maintaining driver qualification files
- Ensure drivers hours are within DOT regulations
- Build and manage a team of 5-6 schedulers, 2 driver managers and 50+ CDL qualified drivers
- Minimum two-year degree in business or related field or equivalent in experience, training or education
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in related transportation field; including experience utilizing transportation management software systems
- Strong negotiating skills, analytical and problem-solving ability
- Ability to plan and achieve long-term goals
- Willingness and ability to grasp change and drive it through the organization
- Strong personality that works well with management, customer service, sales and dispatch
- Strong leadership, communication, organizational and computer skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Previous dispatch experience preferred
- Ability to travel up to 50%
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Anchor, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.