Central Florida Regional Hospital, a 221-bed acute care hospital and Level II Trauma Center, serves the communities of Seminole and west Volusia counties. The hospital provides the only full-service cardiovascular program in Seminole and west Volusia, including open heart surgery, interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, cardiac rehabilitation and comprehensive diagnostic services. Other specialized services include orthopedic and spine care, robotic surgery, acute inpatient medical rehabilitation, complete imaging services and The Baby Suites. Central Florida Regional Hospital is located 3.6 miles east of I-4 between S.R. 46 and Highway 17-92 in Sanford. The hospital provides 24/7 emergency care at its main location as well as at Heathrow ER located at 4525 International Parkway in Sanford. For more information, please visit http://www.centralfloridaregional.com/.
- Directs the continuity of care through demonstrated use of interdisciplinary team approach to patient care.
- Develops and implements effective, ongoing programs to measure, monitor, assesses and to improve quality of nursing care delivered to patients. Works toward hospital-wide improvement in meeting core measure, patient safety, and service excellence goals in assigned units.
- Ensures the effective coordination of the patient's care with other services and departments throughout the hospital.
- Ensures provision of quality care and services by maintaining appropriate equipment and supplies.
- Participates in rounding and proactively responds to patient needs to improve patient outcomes and positively impact overall patient experience.
- Fosters a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
- Communicates and interacts with patients, families and others in a caring, empathetic, courteous, and respectful manner. "
- Ensures patient communication and explanation of care is provided in a way that can be easily understood by patients and their families. Ensures patient family is informed of patient status.
- Fosters effective departmental communication and collaboration with physicians and/or other members of the interdisciplinary team in meeting patient needs.
- Oversees effective discharge planning through coordination with physicians and case management. Ensures staff provides appropriate discharge instructions, information, explanation, and referral to appropriate community resources.
- Continuously evaluates work process and design; understands role in ensuring quality/performance improvement, productivity, and service delivery to meet stakeholder needs."
- Develops, implements and monitors performance improvement plans to ensure compliance and address performance improvement opportunities.
- Ensures patient care is provided in accordance with departmental policies, procedures, and regulatory, recognized professional, quality, patient safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Ensures staff is educated on established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or anticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patients care which results in patient harm.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.