Director of Sales & Marketing
Job Description: The Director of Sales and Marketing has the overall responsibility for soliciting, booking and coordinating all group sales / corporate event sales for the venue. They also maintain strong relationships with business contacts and associations in the community. They also oversee all the sales and marketing collateral while coordinating the execution of all national / local promotions and programs at the venue.
The Director of Sales & Marketing will report directly to the Site General Manager.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to the following;
- Primary responsibility to exceed group sales goal for the venue.
- Aggressively solicits and generate new Corporate Event Sales.
- Aggressively manages Birthday Party Sales.
- Solicits, manages and executes all Group Sales activities according to Group Sales planning program calendar.
- Establishes strong relationships with local DMC’s, Incentive Houses, Hotels, Youth Group and Corporate Event/Meeting Planners.
- Establishes strong relationships with local Visitor and Convention Bureaus and Chambers.
- Responsible for all contract management, tracking signed contracts, securing deposits and final client payments according to policies.
- Responsible for overall client satisfaction, ensuring proper and successful execution of all events.
- Partners with local management team to develop, manage, and execute against site sales and marketing budgets and annual plans.
- Establishes and oversee goal setting with direct reports.
- Responsible for generating weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to Home Office
- Maintains integrity and updating of database information.
- Oversees and maintain all site Sales and Marketing collateral and material (includes, table top display, banners, posters, table tents, etc.).
- Executes leveraged promotional media events.
- Manages and executes site OPM deals with operations team.
- Coordinates and execute all national/local Marketing promotions and programs at the site
- Generates local sponsorship relationships.
- Locally manages and executes Public Relations activities.
Skills/Experience: Minimum of three years of Restaurant / Hotel Catering experience in a high volume environment. College degree preferred, however not mandatory.
- Excellent computer skills and spread sheet familiarity.
- Canvasses for Group Sales events through phone calls, meetings, networking, etc.
- Communicates with operations and Home Office daily.
- Hires, trains and manages Group Sales & Marketing department team members in conjunction with the General Manager.
- Manages department to meet Group Sales budget / sales goals.
- Creates, update and distributes all contracts to clients.
- Collects all deposits and final payments from clients.
- Coordinates inventories and correct placement in the venue of all Sales & Marketing collateral and materials.
- Coordinates and executes all corporate and local marketing promotions and programs
- Must be available to work all shifts including nights, weekends and holidays. *
- May be indoors or outdoor setting depending on occasion with varied weather conditions
- Will work near moving or mechanical parts
- May work near toxic/caustic chemicals and with fumes or airborne particles
- Must be able to speak and hear English
- Must have close and distant vision
- Must be able to identify and distinguish colors
- Frequent walking, standing and moving between tight spaces
- Will walk for extended for long periods of time, possibly for extended distances
- Frequently lifts/carries up to 25 lbs.
- Occasionally lifts/carries up to 50 lbs.
- Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent us of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills
- Able to reach hands and arms in any direction and kneel and stoop repeatedly
*Note: Time allotment-Sales-80% / Marketing 20%