TRC is working with one of the largest Public Assistance providers for recovery operations primarily for debris removal, emergency protective measures, and the repair, replacement, or restoration of disaster-damaged, publicly-owned facilities, such as: roads, bridges, municipal buildings, police and fire stations, water/wastewater treatment plants, etc., including Private Non-Profit facilities such as hospitals. The Hazard Mitigation assistance program supports operations to reduce the risk to life and property; including the existing build environment and future construction, in the pre and post disaster environments through regulations, local ordinances, land use and building practices.
• Conducting preliminary damage assessments (PDAs) in the field with Federal, State and local officials.
• Writing complex Project Worksheets (PWs) for the purposes of determining project eligibility, scopes of work and estimating costs to repair or replace a facility or structure in order to restore it to its pre-disaster design for small and large projects.
• Providing services such as: technical, cost estimating, disaster recovery or management with an emphasis on construction-related activities.
• Review or direct construction activities to restore pre-disaster condition.
• Inspecting construction work to ensure compliance with design documents and FEMA Public Assistance policy and procedure.
Minimum Qualifications • High School diploma
• A minimum of 10 years of relevant construction experience required.
• Preference will be given to candidates with one or more of the following FEMA Public Assistance classroom trainings: Public Assistance Operations I (PA Ops I), Public Assistance Operations II (PA Ops II), Project Worksheet (PW) Development, Cost Estimating Format (CEF), Debris Management/Operations, 406 Hazard Mitigation.
• Prior FEMA Public Assistance disaster response and recovery experience in one of the following areas: Public Assistance Coordinator (PAC) Crew Leader, Project Specialist, Debris Specialist, Debris Monitor, FEMA-certified Trainer, Hazard Mitigation Specialist (Sections 404 and 406), or Long Term Community Recovery Program Specialist is strongly desired.
• Must be a U.S. citizen and be able to pass an FBI background check.
• Ability to mobilize within 24-48 hours, commit to a minimum 90-day assignment in remote locations and disaster conditions.
• Due to the nature of the work, candidates must have excellent communication skills and be experienced with Microsoft Office product suite.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration
About TRC Professional Solutions
For over 10 years, professionals and employers have trusted TRC Professional Solutions with their business and careers. Year after year, Inavero’s Best of Talent and Staffing awards have been presented to TRC Professional Solutions for providing superior service and results to both our clients and job seekers. We create a different experience for our candidates and clients by remaining solely focused on bringing the right talent to the right opportunity, throughout every stage of our unique recruitment process. For more information, visit: https://www.trcprofessionalsolutions.com/