TRC Professional Solutions seeks a candidate for a Disaster Relief Engineer (Civil, Eletrical, Structural and Costal) to work with disaster recovery on the East Coast. Candidate can be based anywhere in the US and travel to Carolinas to assist with recovery efforts from Hurricane Florence.
In this position, you will coordinate with other Federal State, local, or private engineers on a variety of civil engineering/hazard mitigation issues for the development of projects. Typical assignments include:
• Serving as a technical expert responsible for helping to develop, review and provide comments on FEMA technical standards policies, procedures, best practices, recommendations, guidance on tactics and strategies to minimize the risk of damage to the built environment from natural hazards such as, floods, winds or other hazards.
• Working with others to identify research and development needs in the areas of flood, wind-resistant or other hazard design and construction practices and hazard risk assessment.
• Performing and/or developing technical review of Hazard Mitigation (HMA) and Public Assistance (PA) grant projects to determine the technical feasibility and cost-effectiveness utilizing FEMA-approved BCA software or methodology. Reviewing other analysis for complete and appropriate documentation and standard adherence.
• Developing and maintaining knowledge of the building science and benefit cost analysis aspects of the NFIP, floodplain management regulations, community assistance program, Hazard Mitigation Assistance programs, Public Assistance programs, the Stafford Act, building codes and standards and other natural hazards programs.
• Serving as a point of contact, providing building science and benefit cost analysis advice or training within or on behalf of FEMA Region VI to states, local governments, tribes, non-profits, the private sector, design professionals, industry, academia, property owners or other organizations and skillsets as they relate specifically to FEMA’s Mitigation programs.
• Coordinating with other organizational elements of FEMA, other Federal agencies, State, Local and tribal governments, trade or industry associations, property owners, planners academia, non-profits or other organizations as necessary to facilitate effective integration of building science principles into policies and programs.
10+ Years of experience with related Engineering Degree
Must be able to pass background, drug and credit check. Candidate must be able to commit to at least 90 days or more for this position. Position requires that candidate be a US Citizen.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About TRC Professional Solutions
For over 10 years, professionals and employers have trusted TRC Professional Solutions with their business and careers. Year after year, Inavero’s Best of Talent and Staffing awards have been presented to TRC Professional Solutions for providing superior service and results to both our clients and job seekers. We create a different experience for our candidates and clients by remaining solely focused on bringing the right talent to the right opportunity, throughout every stage of our unique recruitment process. For more information, visit: https://www.trcprofessionalsolutions.com/