Dispatcher - Colton, CA
Petroleum Transportation company seeks Dispatcher for a direct hire opportunity.
The Dispatcher Specialist may be responsible for:
- Maintaining a high level of customer service by managing day-to-day activities with internal/external customers, including shippers, drivers and management.
- Complying with state, federal and local legal requirements by managing gasoline inventories and advising management on needed actions.
- Ensuring optimal combination of driver hours and equipment are available to fill daily requests from customers.
- Monitoring, analyzing and ensuring safe scheduled delivery workload by determining availability of trucks; site storage restrictions; compartment size options; supply point options; delivery time requirements; scheduling availability; traffic and weather conditions.
- Providing supply point changes as needed to ensure delivery within the needed timeframe.
- Providing high level of customer service to accommodate changes in operating environment such as terminal outages, Saps, cancellations, rolled loads, truck break down, etc.
- Coordinating the resolution of difficult issues as they arise; typically involving shippers, terminal, and supply.
- Investigating, documenting and providing solutions based on root cause analysis methodology.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States on a regular, full-time basis without restrictions.
- High School diploma/GED
- Must be willing and able to work 12 hour shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
-Start time 5:30pm
- Education - Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1 year of experience working:
- With Transportation, light oil business and/or customer service.
- In a scheduling environment
- Analyzing, interpreting and providing solutions with sales trend data
-Preferred large fleet experience (200+ drivers)
- Strong communications skills required. Candidate must be able to demonstrate good writing/listening skills as well as the ability to present/influence others.
- Planning and organizational skills - are required in order to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
- Teamwork - candidate must be a team player focused on contributing to the organization in achieving results and must have the ability to influence, network and deliver on commitments/guide others toward desired results.
- Creative & Innovative must be able to see the big picture and also work multiple details.
- Leadership - candidate must have demonstrated ability to use strong interpersonal skills and lead.
- Proficient (perform the skill with limited assistance) in Microsoft Office and Fuel Quest.
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions.
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate job whether it is a temporary assignment or career position. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs with companies across the country in areas such as: manufacturing, distribution & logistics, call centers, hospitality, skilled trades, administrative & clerical, and retail.
We provide associates working on temporary assignments with the opportunity to develop their careers through skills testing and training. Additionally, associates can earn benefits such as health insurance and 401(k).
Whether you are trying to discover your work interests, find your first job, or take the next step in your career, Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
Advantage Resourcing offers a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits package and 401(k) plan.
Advantage Resourcing is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Dispatching, Dispatcher, Transportation, Logistics, Dispatcher, Dispatcher, Transportation
Full Time, Career Position
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability or veteran status.