Johanna Foods is a state-of-the-art food manufacturer located in Flemington, New Jersey. Privately operated since 1995, Johanna Foods is now one of the country's largest producers and distributors of fruit juices, drinks and yogurt. Our products include the popular La Yogurt and Sabor Latino yogurt, Tree Ripe juices, Earth Wise juice beverages, Ssips and Sabor Latino drinks and nectars, and Ssips aseptic drink boxes, all using cutting-edge technologies and only the freshest, highest quality ingredients. Johanna Foods is also a leading private label and co-pack juice and yogurt producer, manufacturing products for numerous leading retailers and brands.
What we offer:
Competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short term disability insurance, long term disability insurance, vacation, and tuition reimbursement.
The dispatcher is responsible for coordinating the movements of trucks and drivers to make sure that they leave and arrive on schedule. Dispatchers communicate with truck drivers through computers and phones and assign drivers to designated locations. Truck dispatchers are available at all times to answer any questions from drivers, help them avoid traffic jams and keep them aware of inclement weather ahead. Dispatchers arrange customer delivery appointments and coordinate loading sequence of product.
The responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Tuesday – Friday 2:30 pm – 11:00 pm
- Saturday: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
- Coordinate and direct movement of trucks and freight in order to make deliveries and pick-ups in an efficient and timely manner.
- Record and allocate all requests for deliveries and pick-ups within established territories among available drivers.
- Coordinate freight orders into truck loads for specific destinations – LTL-
- Dispatcher is responsible for enforcing adherence to all transportation rules and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with applicable quality system standards and the unit’s food safety, and security programs in support of essential manufacturing strategies and practices.
- Serves as Alternate to Transportation Supervisor to ensure effective coverage of the Safe Quality Foods Responsibilities pertaining to that position.
- Provides backup to offsite warehouse manager.
- Assists in managing and inspecting trucks of materials and ingredients delivered.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, AS400 and internet usage required and above average level of organizational and detail skills a must.
- Dispatcher must be flexible in work schedule of days and hours required.
- High level of interpersonal skills needed to communicate with internal and external customers in a calm, courteous and professional manner.
- Knowledge of routing trucks and basic geography.
- Able to work with little supervision.
- Good problem solving skills.