We are currently looking for a Distribution Center (DC) Supervisor to run the Parcel division in our Wilmer Texas Distribution Center. The DC Supervisor position will oversee and coordinate the daily warehousing activities including receiving put-away picking quality assurance shipping and material handling equipment. Implement production productivity quality and customer service standards and achieve the appropriate level of resources to ensure daily operations are maintained.
Manage staff taking responsibility for recruitment retention training planning assigning and directing work. There may be incumbents in 1st 2nd or 3rd shift supervisory roles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accomplish warehouse human resource objectives by selecting orienting training assigning scheduling coaching counseling and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning monitoring appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Meet warehouse operational standards by contributing warehouse information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production productivity quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems; identify warehouse system improvements.
- Meet warehouse financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Move inventory by scheduling materials to be moved to and from warehouse.
- Maintain storage area by organizing floor space; adhering to storage design principles; recommending improvements.
- Maintain inventory by conducting monthly physical counts; reconcile variances; input data.
- Keep equipment operating by enforcing operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; requiring preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- High School diploma or equivalent work experience. College degree preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant and prior warehousing supervisory experience.
- Communication Skills – Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Safety Management – Understanding of and adherence to OSHA safety protocols and proactive approach to remedying any safety and security issues encountered.
- Reporting and analysis – Understand and be accountable to report on actual vs. budget. Adjust resources when there is mis-alignment.
- Prioritization and Deadline orientation – Sense of urgency to meet priorities deadlines and remedy customer issues.
- Regularly required to stand walk use hands to finger handle or feel; talk and hear
- Frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision
CLICK HERE TO APPLY