Distribution Sales Manager
We are looking for a self-motivated, results-oriented individual who can successfully expand the company’s Distribution business. This position presents the opportunity for extensive exposure to customers and thus require excellent communication, relationship building and sales skills as well as power supply product knowledge. Because of the nature of our business, candidates should reside in Fremont, CA.
A Distribution Sales Manager will engage directly with Distribution contacts, either direct or through local Manufacturer Representatives, to achieve sales goals and objectives. In this role, the Distribution Sales Manager will develop strong relationships within the distribution network and close deals with customers through the design-in of standard, and/or modified standard solutions. A Distribution Sales Manager will:
- Develop an annual sales business plan to meet the sales target.
- Prospect, qualify, and close Design Registration opportunities to meet or exceed annual sales goals through Distribution network who map to Phihong’s strengths.
- Manage customer development to ensure sales goals are achieved and customer goals are met.
- Visit distributors and distribution related accounts, resolve customer problems, and make customer presentations as necessary.
- Provide account management and customer service leading to the completion of technical developments and the generation of ongoing production.
- Interface and lead factory team to success.
- Provide periodic reports to the factory including forecast information, account status, and sales opportunities.
Desired Skills & Experience
- At least 2~3 years sales experience in a high technology, hardware company.
- Experienced in working with distributors and manufacturing representatives.
- Experience in selling process.
- The personal drive to "self-start" and work independently with minimal direction.
- Excellent time management, follow-up, and organizational skills to successfully plan and execute technical sales activities.
- Demonstrated ability to meet sales goals and overcome internal and external objections at all levels.
- Exemplary interpersonal, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Team oriented with a demonstrated ability to manage and interface effectively with cross-functional employee groups of all levels and competencies
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and multitasking skills to provide superior customer service which will include off hours communications with Asia as needed.
- Must be detail-oriented and computer-literate in presentations, spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Willing and able to travel as required to support sales goals. Domestic travel will be required generally at less than 50% of the time.
- A proven high degree of honesty, integrity, and sound judgment.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred but a technical degree or other relevant experience combination with a degree will be considered.
- Bilingual Chinese & English a plus.
Phihong is one of the leading suppliers of power solutions, including power supplies, adapters, LED Drivers, and Power-over-Ethernet products, to networking, lighting, and consumer electronics OEMs. With global sales for 2017 approaching $500 million, Phihong has engineering and manufacturing facilities in North America, Taiwan and mainland China.