Established Midwest based commercial bakery with 6 production facilities is seeking a motivated, organized, and results driven District Sales Manager to drive our sales efforts in the Metro Detroit and southeast MI sales territory.
The District Sales Manager position is tasked with managing the daily sales activity. This includes maintaining and ensuring the highest level of customer service for the existing customer base, as well as being responsible for achieving established sales growth goals in the Detroit Market. They will have the overall responsibility of overseeing the people, processes, and operations to reach said goals within this geographic region.
The applicant must be able to communicate effectively daily with internal Alpha business departments, customers, and other outside sources.
- Serve as the main point of contact for potential customers.
- Maintain positive relationships and interactions daily with customers and prospective customers within the assigned area.
- Be able to communicate effectively with prospective customers and colleagues.
- Work with the other staff in Detroit area to achieve established and pre-determined sales growth goals.
- Develop, add to and close existing pipelines for new business.
- Develop relationships and maintain contact with Key Decision Makers.
- Listen to customer feedback and assist with resolution of customer issues to build a more solid relationship.
Complete and submit electronic and/or written reports of weekly
activities, expenses, competitive activity and all administrative functions within the Detroit Metropolitan and Southeast Michigan Areas.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Food Service Sales 3 to 5 years
- Must have a valid US State Issued Driver’s License
- Must be able to drive regionally to make daily sales calls
- Must be able to work occasional weekends as required by the territory
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Must be able to lift 10-25 lbs on a regular basis without reasonable accommodations to carry samples
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stoop down and carry bread trays without reasonable accommodations to carry samples
Full – Time
Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
Food Service Sales 3 to 5 years
Required Work Authorization:
Limited travel throughout the Midwest 10%
Alpha Baking is an equal opportunity employer with policies prohibiting unlawful discrimination on the basis of any protected classification under applicable local, state and/or federal laws which include race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or veteran status. M/F/D/V