We are a full service materials handling company. What does that mean? We do everything within the four walls of a warehouse from selling, leasing and renting our forklifts to designing and building conveyor systems and racking.
Raymond Handling Solutions is seeking Dock and Door Field Service Technicians of all levels to service, troubleshoot, and repair all types of dock leveler equipment that RHSI sells and services at customer locations. Prior mechanical work experience preferred but not required, mechanical ability is enough! We determine this through a series of interviews and pre-hire assessments.
Pay is based upon level of experience.
Once hired, you will enter our extensive training program.
As an Apprentice Technician, you will receive one on one training with an experienced technician for the first 90 days of employment.
Our Field Service Technicians are compensated for hours worked. A typical workweek consists of 40 or more hours of work (flag hours do not exist here!).
We provide competitive benefits to our employees such as paid holidays, three weeks paid personal time off (increasing with time), paid training, company van, gas card, apprentice tool kit, and company uniforms to name just a few.
When you decide to become a Raymond Dock and Door Field Service Technician, it is not just a job; it is a career choice.
The primary objectives of a Field Dock & Door Technician are: 1) the proficient repair and service of the customer's loading dock and commercial door equipment, 2) to maintain good communication and working relationships with customers, peers, and management, 3) to represent and sell the entire company, 4) to be profitable with direct labor billing, 5) work within all safety guidelines established by RHSI and OSHA.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Repair all types of dock leveler equipment that RHSI sells and services.
- Maintain a profitable billing level and complete jobs within quoted time limits when applicable.
- Follow all service department procedures.
- Communicate with assigned Field Supervisor.
- Have the necessary tools to perform repairs and scheduled service work.
- Maintain an accurate assigned parts inventory, if applicable.
- Represent the company favorably in all situations.
- Establish a positive rapport with customers.
- Perform other specified duties and projects as assigned by the Service management.
- Mechanical and Electrical troubleshooting skills is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of Hydraulics and/or Pneumatic systems.
- A successful track record of employment
- An aggressive commitment to achieving success
- Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to work independently
- Availability to work overtime and occasional on call shifts
- A professional demeanor
- A superior level of customer service that promotes goodwill between the company, customer, and other associates.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of and familiarity with personal computers, MS Windows or similar system, familiarity with internet and email functions. Must be able to use a keyboard to enter data accurately.
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must be able to fulfill essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be arranged to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Raymond Handling Solutions, Inc. Is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. M/F/V/D
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled