Shipping and Receiving Attendent
This position collaborates with other department staff to prepare all outbound shipments and receives and stores inbound shipments. Support shipping operations to meet department total quality goals and objectives that include delivery timelines and customer satisfaction, as well compliance with procedures. Collaborate with purchasing and customer service staff, as well as production leadership to execute the smooth coordination of shipments.
Summary of Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather, assemble and prepare outbound shipments following priorities, customer packaging specifications and/or Ridgefield’s standards and procedures. Verify that items type and count match shipping orders. Relocate outbound shipments to the appropriate location and prepare and adhere shipping labels and paperwork.
- Receive inbound shipments, assist unload and unpack shipments. Verify shipments against records (county and type) such as purchase orders, invoices, bill of landing, packing slip or others. Inspect inbound shipments to ensure overall visual quality. Record issues with the shipments including rejecting items as needed.
- Monitor inbound shipment returns.
- Dispose or set to recycling all inbound packaging materials.
- Using forklift, scissor lifts, pallet jacks and other equipment, route received items to various departments or warehouse appropriate storage locations and sequence/order per procedures such as size, type, style, and color or product code.
- Assist maintain warehouse inventories and audits.
- Perform some of the Shipping Manager essential daily shipping duties for coverage.
- Collaborate to maintain the warehousing and shipping areas clean, safe and organized.
- Analyzes relevant data for significant trends and stays current on best practices related to the department and Ridgefield operations. Provide suggestions for improvement or alternatives when problems arise.
- Regular reporting to the manager and coordination with staff in purchasing and customer service.
- Attend and participate in required training, staff meetings, and other meetings as assigned.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned by the supervisor.
- A combination of education, training, knowledge and experience that would ensure the successful performance of the position’s duties, including experience in a manufacturing facility or operations.
- Experience or aptitude to develop skills in proper and safe operation of forklifts, pallet jack, scissor lifts and other common load-moving equipment and tools. General proficiency with computer use and applications, and aptitude to develop proficiency with Ridgefield software and systems used in shipping operations.
- Able to perform basic mathematical calculations as they apply to shipment and warehouse accountability.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license. Pass and maintain a clear background record.
- Possess or quickly develop skilled level on all shipping and receiving and warehousing methods and procedures, quality and safety standards, as well as working knowledge of Epi products and production processes.
- Work well independently, as well as in a collaborative team and diverse environment.
- Possess or quickly learn computer use skills to use Ridgefield shipping systems and internet access/research.
Elkhart Plastics, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran.