Benesch, a 16-time NorthCoast 99 winner and a Top Workplaces 2018 winner, is a mid-sized corporate law firm based in downtown Cleveland, OH with other office locations in Columbus (OH), Wilmington (DE), Chicago (IL), Hackensack (NJ) and Shanghai (CHINA). We are a firm committed to providing the highest level of legal services to our clients with exceptional customer service, and a positive work environment to our employees. Benesch offers many benefits to its employees including competitive pay, medical, dental and life insurance, vacation/personal/sick time, retirement plans, paid holidays, flexible work schedules, and flexible spending accounts for health care and dependent care.
We are looking to hire a Docket Clerk for our Cleveland office. The Docket Clerk is responsible for the accurate and timely docketing, filing and processing of court requests, fulfillment of internal procedures and providing assistance to the Docket Supervisor.
- Operates the case management system proficiently, including but not limited to, complete data entry of all items and documents to be docketed, calculation of response times and retrieval of information from the system.
- Completes all Requests for Docket Work submitted in a timely and accurate manner, notifying persons requesting assignments if assignments are to continue beyond the time for completion or are continuing in nature.
- Delivers various documents and files to courts, clients, and library on a regular basis.
- Reviews all requests and submitted materials for correctness.
- Assists in maintaining all court related materials including form files, rules of court, judge requirements, telephone numbers and addresses.
- Communicates properly and promptly with internal personnel and external contacts at all times and must exhibit a high level of customer service.
- Keeps up to date on court related information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Docket Clerk must be have a High School Diploma and be able to type 45 WPM. It is preferred the Docket Clerk be familiar with Federal, County and Municipal court systems. Knowledge of the operations of all courts and administrative agencies in Cleveland and how to work all facets of the courts and administrative agencies is preferred. Experience with computers and a background in internet research is required. Computer literacy and attention to detail is essential. Must have a professional demeanor, good interpersonal skills and show the ability to prioritize. Must possess an excellent customer service attitude. Flexibility to work overtime as needed. Experience with CompuLaw is strongly preferred.