This is a full-time, regular day shift position for a medium-sized 23-year-old manufacturing firm in Fremont. Product is thin-film circuits on ceramic, built on site. Full package of benefits offered the first of the month after 30 days.The Document Control Specialist will review and interpret thin film circuit documentation, sales orders and marketing documents. The specialist will complete data entry processing using Microsoft Excel and Epicor. The position will also include creating operation routing, bill of material in Epicor and documentation packages for manufacturing and document control.
- Technical review and data entry of marketing documentation to create documentation used for operation routing bills of material and documentation.
- Use AutoCAD to verify customer supplied data and build basic arrays using customer supplied AutoCAD data.
- Interpret customer and marketing documentation (prints, specifications, AutoCAD data and other internal documentation).
- Build documentation using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, AutoCAD and PDF software.
- Build routing B.O.M. using custom templates in Epicor.
- Follow flow diagrams to create basic process coding for manufacturing.
- Update previously released documentation.
Essential Job Functions
- Interpret instructions and customer requirements from drawings, CAD data files and standard procedures.
- Accurate data entry.
- Basic tolerance and dimensional review of customer prints and AutoCAD files.
- Create documentation that is consistently accurate and clear.
- Review customer-provided specifications and prints versus marketing-specified requirements and internal flowcharts to create manufacturing-based routings and boms.
- Maintain revision and iteration part control records to ensure compliance to customer requirements and to document historical change information.
- Assist in the development of new and updated documentation.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Direct experience working with blueprints/technical or manufacturing prints.
- Basic understanding of tolerance and unit conversion.
- Basic math skills.
- Familiar with document control systems and methods; vaults, iteration control, released drawings.
- Hands-on academic or professional AutoCAD experience.
- Mistake free accuracy for all documentation creation and entry.
- Computer Literate in Outlook, Word, and Excel.