Job ID: 137822
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
We are currently seeking a Full-Time individual to work in our Perrysburg location as a Customer Service Estimator. You will have the opportunity to provide service to our customers which includes processing new orders, assisting in the estimating of jobs, following through on projects and communicating any changes to the customer. Technical expertise in glass and fabrication is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support and assistance in the generation of material estimates and/or material orders
- Provide coordination, correspondence, and assistance internally and externally concerning material estimates, material orders, shop drawings and/or other schedules
- Maintain detailed, organized records of all project related documents (bids, correspondence, etc)
- Generate basic fabrication sheets
- Maintain good relationships with external customers and other Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® facilities
- Work with customers, supervisors, and estimators to resolve problems
- Perform daily office tasks such as filing, recording, maintaining records, copying, postings, and other similar duties to keep the office organized
- Assist in the preparation of submittal packages
- Perform job functions and support administrative duties such that the office operates in an efficient and professional manner.
- All other related customer service duties as necessary
- Ability to read, interpret, & understand architectural drawings and specifications and provide detailed take-offs and estimates that incorporate different building envelope solutions
- Ability to learn computer software estimating programs to prepare estimates
- Knowledge of blueprint reading, CAD skills, and/or construction background helpful
- Strong geometry & math skills
- Organized, self-starter with the ability to handle numerous projects, phones, and prioritize workload & work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to communicate effectively & conduct themselves professionally; excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn and gain a good working knowledge of fabrication and installation in order to have good understanding of customer needs
- Ability to learn custom door hardware application and pricing
- Ability to maintain good relationships with customers
- Proficient with computer programs including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be able to work well with others in a team environment
- Minimum of an Associates Degree
- This position is a largely sedentary; however, caution needs to be taken when lifting files, boxes, opening file cabinet drawers
- To avoid injuries to hands, back, and neck, proper ergonomics should be maintained while working at desk/workstation
- There are occasional visits to the plant floor in which case safety rules related to the plant must be followed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
- Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.