Description: Electrical Consultants, Inc. (ECI), a leading power engineering consultant firm, is seeking a motivated individual to join the team in our Billings, MT office as a drafter/designer. The successful candidate will be responsible for drafting and design support to design teams involved with the conceptual, preliminary, and final design of substation and transmission line projects, 34.5 kV through 500 kV.
- Preparing complete drawings of structures, layouts, facilities or general arrangements, including section and detail views, and profiles in a manner to provide clear and concise representation of facilities. Preparation basis is typically from engineering drawing markups or modification of previously prepared, similar drawings.
- Performing routine designer work requiring the application of standard principles, design techniques, procedures and criteria in the assigned technical areas.
- Developing basic engineering knowledge of methods, techniques, approaches and standard practices through formal continuing education as well as self-improvement through review of technical manuals and design standards.
- Limited exercise of judgment in preparation of project drawings through preliminary selection of alternatives, layouts and arrangements. Demonstrate personal development of technical knowledge through interface with the engineering departments in the execution and review of project assignments.
- Acquiring and maintaining advanced skill levels through the progression of software releases and upgrades.
- Becoming experienced and effective at the preparation of three dimensional computer-generated drawings.
- Assisting in the training and advancement of skills for other, less-experienced drafting department personnel.
Minimum Requirements: 3+ years’ electric substation design experience. Successful candidate must have the following: demonstrated ability to regularly and consistently produce project work with accuracy and within budget and time allocation; knowledge of and skilled in the operation of AutoCAD; MicroStation experience preferred but not required; capability of working from sketches and models from verbal directions; ability to independently resolve most problems encountered in the preparation of plans including those of intent, consistency and approach; demonstrated ability to use a variety of add-on or companion software programs in the preparation of civil and surveying drawings as needed to efficiently handle data translation as well as increase productivity. Successful applicant must meet ECI’s auto insurance carrier requirements. Successful applicant may be subject to client mandated drug and background checking. Successful applicant must not require immigration sponsorship now or in the future.
Salary commensurate with experience and education. Benefits include:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- 401(k), profit sharing and employee stock ownership plan
- Paid vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continued professional education reimbursement
Electrical Consultants, Inc. (ECI) employs over 450 engineers, designers, project managers, surveyors, ROW agents, environmental planners, construction professionals and support staff in 15 offices across the U.S. The firm has 30 years of experience in the planning, engineering and construction of a wide range of power delivery projects including substations, transmission lines, distribution systems, communication systems and industrial facilities. Visit our website at www.electricalconsultantsinc.com.
Submit letter of application, resume and list of three professional references to: email@example.comHelp
An Equal Opportunity Employer