High School Teaching/Driver Education
Velma Jackson High School
Title: Driver Education Teacher
Job Goal: To provide opportunities for every student to acquire the knowledge, attitudes, habits, and skills necessary for the safe operation of motor vehicles
1. Teaches students the manipulative skills, defensive techniques, and perceptive skills necessary for modern-day driving through traditional instruction, use of the driving simulator, and on the road behind the wheel training.
2. Strives to instill in students attitudes and behavior conducive to safe, proper operation of a motor vehicle.
3. Instructs students in how to cope with typical emergencies associated with the operation of a motor vehicle.
4. Assist Students in preparing applications for Department of Motor Vehicles’ student driver permits.
5. Prepares and issues Department of Motor Vehicles’ certificates to students who successfully complete the course.
6. Service driver-training car(gasoline, oil, washing, garaging), and arranges for other maintenance services with automobile dealers
7. Prepares and maintains all necessary records and reports
8. Maintains the stimulator in efficient operating condition.
9. Edits film for use with the stimulator, and creates, revises, and updates all other teaching materials as needed.
10. Explains and interprets the school’s driver education program to school personnel, car dealers, and the community at large
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel
Work Conditions: Normal working environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel as assigned.