Integrity is our corporate mission statement. Exceptional customer service is very important to us and is the driving force behind all we do. We are a fast-paced, team oriented company and welcome input from all of our employees. We are a company that recognizes and rewards positive team work, offers competitive wages, health benefits, 401(k) retirement, paid vacation and paid holidays. Sense of humor required. Come join our team today.
We currently have two positions open for immediate hire. Candidates MUST have a minimum of one (1) year on the job experience driving under a Class A license to be considered. The ideal candidate will have flatbed and/or roll off experience but will train the right person.JOB SUMMARY
To transport, pickup, and deliver containers and/or material by driving gasoline or diesel-powered tractor-trailer, flatbed, van trailer, stake trailer, and roll off equipment as assigned. This is a local driving position for an industrial recycling facility.
**Only candidates with experience driving MANUAL transmissions will be considered and must have at least 1 year of experience driving either a flatbed or roll off truck. MVR must have no moving violations in the past three (3) years.**
- Dropping and hooking of trailer.
- Mandatory pre and post trip inspections.
- Ensure load is correct for customer(s) assigned for trip.
- Check trip tickets for destination and/or special instructions.
- Apply knowledge of commercial driving and skills in maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather, or in tight loading dock areas.
- Ensure all documents are complete and correct – light and heavy weights, customer signatures, etc. Return all documents and trip tickets to appropriate person.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all federal, state, and local regulations for the safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
- Report all accidents involving driver or company equipment immediately.
- Report highway safety hazards noted.
- Promptly report any delays due to breakdowns, weather or traffic conditions or other emergencies, or in the event of irregularities relating to pick up or delivery.
- Safe and timely transportation of containers and/or material from origin to destination.
- Proper handling and accurate completion of all necessary paperwork.
- A clear MVD record for at least the past three years.
- Professional and courteous representation of our company to all of customers, management, and peers.
- Must possess a valid Arizona Commercial Driver’s License.
- Forklift and Teledyne certified per OSHA standards preferred.
- Must have the ability to read, write, and perform simple mathematical calculations with mental ability to handle trip tickets, read maps, road signs, maintain logs, etc.
- Must have working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems.
- Must have knowledge of DOT regulations governing safe driving, inspection and maintenance, etc.
- Must meet or exceed the medical standards of the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Must satisfactorily pass all drug tests.
- Must satisfactorily pass an alcohol test (if applicable).
Must be physically able to perform all requirements such as, but not limited to:
- Sit and remain alert while driving.
- Shift manual transmission and operate foot pedals.
- Must be able to enter and exit the vehicle’s cab.
- Must be able to frequently reach at waist level and above shoulder (securing load, etc.).
- Ability to work overtime when needed.
Starting wage is $19.00 per hour with opportunity for increase after 90 days.
Benefits include medical, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match and Paid Time Off (PTO)
You may also apply in person at 4849 W. Missouri Ave., Glendale, 85301. Enter industrial park at 51st Avenue and Missouri. Go East until end of road then turn South.
Applications are being accepted from 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.