Reliable Automatic Sprinkler Co. is a world leader in the manufacture of fire sprinklers and related system valves as well as a major distributor of a full line of fire sprinkler system components and fabricated piping solutions to the fire sprinkler industry since 1920. Today, Reliable is in its fourth generation of Fee Family leadership and has many employees who have served more than 25 years, enhancing its family atmosphere and its ability to offer significant stable, long-term career opportunities.
Are you interested in being part of team who plays a crucial role of the fire protection industry's goal of saving lives and reducing property damage? We have an opportunity for you!
The Driver loads and unloads delivery vehicle at the distribution center and at the delivery site within a designated territory.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Loads and unloads trucks in accordance with DOT Load Securement requirements
- Maintains daily truck inspection and daily trip reports as required by USDOT
- Operates vehicles in compliance with all DOT and Reliable safety requirements
- Operates forklift, lift truck, side loaders, pallet trucks, picker and other loading/stacking equipment
- Completes and maintains daily forklift inspection reports
- Performs pre- and post- trip inspections and logs
- Chocks tires when loading and unloading trucks
- Assists Will-Call customers in a courteous and helpful manner
- Reports any deficiencies in inventory, equipment, safety issues, or concerns to the Warehouse Supervisor
- Reports backorders to Customer Service Department
- Acts as backup and/or fill-in Material Handler as needed
- Promote a safe workplace by performing all tasks in a safe and thoughtful manner in compliance with all rules, procedures, instructions, devices, equipment and use of appropriate personal protective equipment. Maintain vigilance for any hazardous conditions or practices in the workplace and immediately report any unsafe condition or practice to your supervisor.
- Performs other duties as directed
Skills and Competencies
- Outstanding organization and documentation skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a strong commitment to a team environment while working well with others
- Prioritize and complete a variety of tasks in a timely manner
- Knowledge of Reliable products in terms of part numbers, codes, and product description
- Well-versed in warehouse, shipping, freight, and receiving functions
- Ability to safely drive and operate lift trucks, side loaders, pickers, pallet jacks, and other loading/stacking equipment
- Ability to drive required vehicle for territory, including any specific licenses
- Solid understanding of mathematics
- Proficient in AS400 and WMS
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- The physical environment requires the employee to work in a non-climate controlled warehouse environment.
- Required to work at heights of 50 feet or more.
- Ability to be punctual and attend work on a regular and consistent basis
- The person in this position needs to wear appropriate safety clothing and shoes when needed. This includes safety harness, safety glasses, lift belts and steel toe shoes etc.
- Ability to perform repetitive rotation and movement of hands and wrists quickly and efficiently
- Must have good dexterity and hand/eye coordination
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts
- Must be able to stand for 80% of the time
- Occasionally will be expected to lift large materials not to exceed 70 pounds
- High School Diploma
- 1+ years of warehouse and/or delivery driving experience
- Must have a CDL B and DOT Medical Card
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reliable Automatic Sprinkler., Inc. recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.