Job ID: []
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co., a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West Division family, values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
This is a skilled position that will be responsible for training and supervision of all dump truck and ready mix drivers. This position also requires the ability to demonstrate a professional, flexible attitude and possesses strong organizational, written and verbal skills.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Provide leadership and direction to the driver work force. Interpret and work effectively within Company guidelines and policies.
- Directly supervise all drivers, including support in annual performance appraisals, hiring, discipline, training, and scheduling mentor meetings. Complete required reports and give feedback to Manager in regards to disciplinary action (warning letter, suspension, termination).
- Communicate regularly with Manager regarding driver efficiency in order to improve productivity.
- Ensure compliance with DOT regulations and assist with audits as required.
- Follow-up on delivery complaints, driver complaints and be observant of quality control problems and safety concerns.
- Represent drivers’ interests in problems with shop, dispatch, management, office, customers, etc.
- Observe drivers in the field insuring timely and efficient deliveries, excellent customer relations, and efficient and safe operation of our equipment. Coordinate and resolve delivery access problems.
- Handle all property damage complaints associated with drivers; insure proper reporting of incidents and follow-up. Investigate and coordinate with Safety Director all driver related property damage and industrial injury accidents.
- Work with dispatch personnel researching truck and driver related information.
- May be required to act as a relief driver when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Class A CDL with current DOT medical card.
- Prior experience working in the concrete and aggregate field.
- Minimum 2 years of trucking or construction industry knowledge preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Possess professional ethics, tact, and courtesy in dealing with management, team members, vendors and internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a safe manner as well as maintain a safe work environment
- Demonstrates a positive attitude in a team environment
- Demonstrates good performance, safety, attendance and punctuality
- Demonstrates the ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Demonstrates the willingness to learn and work a variety of job tasks
- Demonstrates a willingness to work overtime and weekends/holidays..
- Demonstrates the ability to conform to and maintain OSHA, MSHA, DOT and all other company or state rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
- Must pass DOT physical exam and pre-employment controlled substance testing.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.