Job Title: Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Engineer
Reports To: Senior Environmental, Health and Safety Manager
About the team: The Environmental, Health and Safety team is a part of the Facilities Operations diverse group of engineers, project managers, and facilities maintenance employees that keep Alta Devices research and development team and manufacturing of cutting edge thin film solar solutions a safe place to work and supports our “beyond compliance” goals.
What we need:
The Environmental, Health and Safety team is seeking a mid-level to Senior EHS Engineer who is technically savvy and is excited about improving business processes. You will support all EHS activities. If you like problem-solving and challenging the status quo, we’d like to hear from you.
What You’ll do
- Recognize, evaluate and recommend means to control safety, industrial hygiene, and potential environmental problems
- Maintain the compliance calendar and ensure that key deliverables are met
- Participate in monthly audits of various parts of the facility and add issues to the corrective action database
- Oversee EHS Intern and/or 3rd party chemical waste contractor
- Support the Emergency Response Team in ongoing trainings and incident responses
- Provide innovative options to meet the intent of regulations when normal means are not feasible or may cause other risks
- Review and maintain records to ensure compliance
- Support EHS training of employees as well as new hire and contractor safety training
Skills You’ll Need
- BA/BS required, preferably in Environmental Sciences
- Minimum of 5-7 years of related experience in the solar or semiconductor industries
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; ability to generate Excel reports and PowerPoint presentations
- Comfortable with public speaking and explaining the intent of regulations and standards in our industry
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation is preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.