Job ID: 139543
Oldcastle Architectural, a CRH company, is a leading supplier of products for North America’s building and landscaping markets. Its products include concrete masonry and hardscapes, packaged cement mixes, packaged lawn and garden products and composite decking products that are sold through a variety of channels. Oldcastle Architectural is the innovator behind many of the industry’s well-known brands including Belgard Hardscapes, Echelon masonry products, Sakrete bagged dry-mixes, Anchor Wall Systems, MoistureShield composite decking, among others. With over 165 operating locations and 5,000 employees, Oldcastle Architectural operates across 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces. Oldcastle Architectural is a U.S. subsidiary of CRH plc., a leading global diversified building materials group.
Ash Grove Packaging, an Oldcastle Architectural company is seeking an EH&S Manager in Little Rock, AR. This position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced production environment and will require a flexible work schedule in addition to strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Responsible for EHS Compliance at multiple facilities
- Work alongside managers/employees on EHS issues
- Develop Corrective Action Plans with facility management
- Assist in coordination, planning and facilitating training seminars
- Conduct weekly staff safety trainings
- Assist in Accident investigation
- Lead monthly Safety Committee meetings
- Oversee weekly/monthly inspections at each plant
- Analyze accidents for trends and prevention measures
- Recognize safety hazards or unsafe work practices and develop Corrective Action Plans
- Travel offsite for educational opportunities and corporate safety meetings
- Maintain an open line of communication with Safety Director and management
- Monitor workers compensation claims with Management, HR and carriers.
- Develop and implement sampling and monitoring plans which may include installing, operating and maintaining equipment for air, land, and/or water pollution level monitoring.
- Work with Maintenance, Engineering and any other related departments on equipment guarding, design, installation and compliance.
- Develop strategies to obtain environmental operating permits for new installations and modifications to existing installations.
- 2+ years of experience in environmental, health and safety
- Ability to lead, provide direction, coach and mentor and problem solve
- Willingness to work with all levels of company to achieve safety expectations
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret plant safety procedures and metrics
- Working knowledge of OSHA, DOT and EPA regulations
- Understands the value and importance of the hands-on approach:
- Must be willing to spend a considerable amount of time in the field identifying potential issues through frequent observation and soliciting individual input at the work area to verify root cause.
- Will require travel up to 75% of the time across Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas City, Omaha, Salt Lake City, Memphis, and Jackson, MS
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Architectural, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.