Sunrise System Inc. is currently looking for EH&S laboratory Specialist in Summit, NJ with one of our top client.
Job Title: EH&S laboratory Specialist
Location: Summit, NJ 07901
Duration: 12 months
Position Type: Hourly contract Position (W2 only)
- Coordinate receipt and verification of all incoming chemical materials, hazardous agents, including radioactive materials
- Ensure the proper storage of chemical products
- Ensure delivery of chemicals and pick-up of properly packaged chemical and medical waste
- Ensure OSHA, NFPA, local safety and environmental regulatory compliance and security standards in the storage of chemicals and waste
- Maintain updated MSDS content
- Perform Industrial Hygiene monitoring for laboratory personnel as required
- Perform spill clean-up of chemicals and other hazardous waste as appropriate
- Perform required inspections of laboratory and chemical inspection areas and maintain records
- Perform Shower / Eye Wash Inspections as required. Assist with implementation of corrective actions
- Perform glassware cleaning as an FDA covered process and autoclaving. Document as required.
- Maintain stocks of standard lab supplies, chemicals/reagents, gas cylinders, etc. and write purchase orders
- Record and file purchase orders
- Assist with resolution of receiving issues with Accounting and Purchasing
- Serve as contact person for lab services, including hazardous waste and bio-waste pick-up
- Maintain cleanliness of all Laboratory Services areas, including glassmaking, autoclave, waste areas, etc.
- Maintain required training including FDA, EPA, NJDEP, DOT/IATA, and OSHA
- Contribute to the development and implementation of EH&S training for site
- Responsible for interacting directly with the service providers related to Lab Services Equipment
- Administrative responsibilities as needed
- Participate on EHS Committee
- Complete laboratory services functions at all New Jersey sites
- Minimum 2-3 years in the Lab Services, Facilities, Shipping and Receiving operations
- Environmental Health and Safety Knowledge a plus
- Experience working in a laboratory environment, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry
- Good understanding of chemical safety information and storage, chemical and medical waste storage and EH&S procedures in the workplace.
- Knowledge of DOT/IATA and other EHS related regulations
- Experience with shipping and receiving procedures, and reconciliation procedures
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Microsoft Office)
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Work order and preventative maintenance system program knowledge a plus
- Resourceful at information gathering and self-sufficient.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
Email: Praful.P@sunrisesys.com | Direct: (732) 272 0326
Sourabh Agrawal | Lead - Talent Acquisition
Direct: (732) 272 0301| Email: firstname.lastname@example.org