Evoqua has the strength of a major global business while embracing the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup. Our innovative products have been solving the world’s water problems for more than 100 years. Today, we are building on that strong history of success – transforming water for our customers enriching the lives of consumers.
Evoqua’s unparalleled portfolio of proven brands, advanced technologies, mobile and emergency water supply solutions and services helps cities across the world provide and discharge clean water, and equips the leisure and commercial industries to maximize productivity and profitability. Every day, millions of people and thousands of companies rely on Evoqua Water Technologies to help meet their needs for clean water.
What does it mean to work here. . .
Our Mindset: We put customers first. We know we succeed only when our customers succeed. To that end, we make decisions at lowest possible levels, at fastest possible speeds – freeing employees to respond to customers quickly and effectively without sacrificing safety or quality.
Our organization: We work as “One Evoqua”. We collaborate across our global enterprise. In an increasingly competitive marketplace, no single product, group or unit succeeds on their own, no matter how remarkable they are. We are one team.
Our People: We hire for brains and heart. We are industry experts who foster great relationships with colleagues and customers. We value technical knowledge and experience, alongside business insight and people smarts. We nurture both the hard and soft skills of our talent.
Our Leadership: We lead from where we are. We take ownership. We lead from all levels. We value the opportunity to grow, as a business and as people. We hold each other accountable to make the right things happen for maximum performance.
Our promise: Grow with the Best. We grow with the best. We are on the move. As the world’s first choice for water solutions, our workplace will continue to evolve and expand, and so will the opportunities. This is a workplace that nourishes talented people. Immerse yourself . . . in Evoqua.
Apply today to join our 4000 professionals around the world as we pursue our purpose: Transforming Water. Enriching Life.
This position is responsible for eliminating and controlling hazardous conditions resulting from human error, equipment and machine operations that may lead to human injury. This includes developing, implementing and refining all safety training procedures and programs to ensure compliance with all federal and state safety, health, and environmental regulations to ensure a culture of safety and wellness within our workplace.
This position’s essentials include but are not limited to:
- Ensures facility compliance with federal and state OSHA and environmental regulations and monitors regulatory changes as they occur.
- Maintains audits and reports facility OSHA records via OSHA’s online portal.
- Maintains and updates facility’s written environmental, safety, and health programs and policies.
- Assists production, and management to understand OSHA and environmental regulations and standards, including guidance on handling compliance, inspections and citations.
- Works closely with management to provide and coordinate emergency services for injured or ill employees.
- Reviews work related injuries/illnesses and near miss incident investigation reports and conducts incident investigations. Organizes and presents findings and trends to management.
- Identifies facility environmental and safety training needs. Develops, coordinates and facilitates training programs.
- Leads facility safety initiatives.
- Participates in new product / process reviews, including hazard analyses, operator training, etc.
- Works closely with plant engineering to implement engineering controls to minimize environmental, safety, and occupational health hazards.
- Supports plant personnel in selection of appropriate P.P.E.
- Maintains facility safety library (e.g., videos, regulations, reference manuals).
- Facilitates the Environmental Health and Safety committee.
- Reviews Environmental, Health and Safety committee meeting action items and Safety Observation Audit reports and follows up as necessary.
- Reviews process and operating procedures / records and provides input for environmental, health and safety consideration.
- Works with facility maintenance to maintain all safety systems such as fire detection and suppression, egress, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be energetic, enthusiastic, and assertive and work in a positive and cooperative manner with employees at all levels. Strong ability to work well with others. Leads by example by taking a hands on approach.
- Reasoning Skills
· Demonstrates effective and creative problem-solving and reasoning skills
· Applies common sense when following written and oral instructions.
· Reads reports, analyzes data and identifies root causes for findings.
· Investigates issues and develops solutions
· Displays openness to and champions creative alternative solutions and options
- Language Skills, both verbal and written
· Effectively communicates (conveys information in understandable terms) with all employees, at all levels
· Effectively presents information in one-on-one, small group, and/or large group settings.
4. Software Skills
· Microsoft Office Suite (Fluent in Spreadsheet Software (Excel), Word Processing Software (MS Word), Contact Management Software (Outlook), at a minimum)
5. Leadership skills
· Ability to provide guidance and expertise; act as the subject matter expert.
· Ability to build relationships and to gain cross-functional support.
· Effectively facilitates in a meeting setting to gain understanding and solve for opportunities.
· Demonstrated ability to break down tasks, manage and implement large company initiatives.
Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in an EHS related technical, scientific or engineering discipline or equivalent work experience.
2. Four years of EHS experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
3. Safety professional certification(s) preferred or the ability to obtain appropriate certifications.
4. OSHA general industry 30-hour card desired.
5. Project Management experience preferred.
6. Experience in collection, evaluation and reporting of EHS data.
7. Experience at working and communicating with others at various levels within the organization.
8. Thorough knowledge of OSHA, DOT and EPA regulations.
9. Experience with LEAN manufacturing is a plus.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for others.
Evoqua Water Technologies prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Evoqua Water Technologies takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
Evoqua does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidates from search firms.