Thibiant International, a leader in the development and manufacture of personal care products, is looking for a dynamic EHS Specialist to join our team. Ideal candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in related course work, experience in lieu of education accepted; 3-5 years related experience, majority of that experience preferred from cosmetic, personal care or OTC industry;Experience with common ESG reporting platforms like CDP, EcoVadis, etc. a plus.
Candidate will be responsible for the following functions:
- Develop and update Safety Policies and Procedures (SOP’s), including developing a matrix of hazard specific safety training programs for each job assignment.
- Develop, review and update a written Job Safety Analysis for all positions, as necessary.
- Regularly keep informed about State and Federal safety-related laws, rules and regulations affecting the work place, making information available and recommendations for changes and innovations as appropriate. Inform management of any new laws or changes to existing regulations.
- Review the use of Personal Protective Equipment and make any necessary recommendations.
- Conduct detailed investigations on all work-related accidents/injuries and provide the necessary information to the insurance carrier and company management.
- Conduct monthly inspections, risk assessments, and participate in investigations and root cause analysis.
- Ensure facility is current on all environmental regulations, including maintenance of regulatory agency permits, licenses and required reports.
- Maintain environmental management system for sustainable development, resource conservation, and waste reduction.
- Develop pollution control and recycling programs.
- Coordinate all aspects of pollution prevention, waste management, environmental health, risk assessment, and employee involvement.
- Ensure regulatory compliance in hazardous waste storage area – proper disposal, containment, labeling, documentation, etc.
- Perform storm water discharge sampling tests and document appropriately.
- Coordinate compliance and enforcement efforts with state and local agencies.
- Train staff and others and ensure corporate environmental awareness.
- Write sustainability SOPs.
- Perform accurate record keeping and gather statistics in compliance with governmental regulations and/or company needs.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures including safety, environmental and Good Manufacturing Practice rules.
Don't wait, apply now!