Are you ready for a rewarding and challenging career in the manufacturing industry?
Join us! We are looking for the best—those who are not afraid to roll up their sleeves to grow with our organization, personally and professionally!
Our focus is to create an environment of opportunity to grow your career. Our culture values diverse talents and contributions of all employees. Our commitment includes competitive compensation, support for your professional growth, and a range of employee benefits that help to protect the health and welfare of our people.
What you’ll get:
- Competitive compensation with eligibility for Annual Bonus
- 401(k) retirement plan with Employer Match and Discretionary Quarterly Basic Contributions
- Affordable health care, dental and vision plans
- Health Savings Account including Employer Seed money to offset Annual Deductible, if you elect the High Deductible Health Plan
- Company-paid Life, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Wellness benefits including monthly wellness credits to offset your Employee Contribution towards monthly health care benefit
Ellwood Group, Inc. (EGI) produces engineered, heavy metal sections for capital specialty equipment manufacturers. Nearly all of our products are made to customers' specifications. EGI believes in reinvesting in our operating capital. We focus on the future and meeting the challenges of an increasingly global marketplace.
EGI is a dynamic company that encourages professional growth. In our decentralized environment there are few layers of management, with opportunities for advancement. Our employees are integral to making our company successful and keeping our steel production technologically advanced. Their ideas help us to be cost effective while increasing efficiency and improving products for our customers.
About this position
The EHS Specialist serves as a resource primarily focused on environmental in the Irvine PA Industrial Complex. This person will also assist and help manage Environmental projects for Ellwood Business Units (BU’s). This position will provide technical expertise and collaborate with management and employees to develop policies, programs, and procedures for monitoring and controlling environmental hazards. The EHS Specialist will conduct inspections and ensure adherence to laws and regulations governing the EHS of all employees, visitors, and vendors. This position will report to the EGI Vice President of EHS and will be located in Irvine, PA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for Environmental Permitting and Reporting
- Assist all of Ellwood employees to achieve goal of Zero Environmental Incidents;
- Facilitate Environmental program and establish new policies and procedures;
- Manage and coach Ellwood’s management to ensure compliance in all areas of EHS;
- Ensure Ellwood National Forge complex facilities are complying with their permit requirements;
- Primary responsibilities will center on technical support, being part of the core technical team, and performing regulatory compliance;
- Assistance with multimedia permitting (air, water, waste) and permit compliance efforts, including on-site environmental, health and safety (EHS) compliance support for:
- Permitting, sampling, and reporting efforts;
- Classification, inventory, and handling of hazardous materials;
- Auditing regulatory compliance and management systems at the plant and corporate levels and
- Developing EHS management training materials.
- Help maintain Hazardous Waste Program which involves identifying and classifying hazardous waste streams, developing hazardous waste stream profiles, coordinating sampling and analysis, audit vendors, arrange for proper disposal, storage, shipping, handling, manifesting, and recordkeeping and reporting;
- Develop and/or revise Environmental programs including, for example, determine areas of plant impact, containment, labeling, in-plant transportation and storage, waste profiles, identify vendor and consultant support services, training programs, recordkeeping and reporting, and material and equipment requirements.
- Conducts and presents regular environmental audits at the Ellwood Group inc. to ensure compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Lead and develop the environmental discipline and be compliant in all reporting requirements;
- Review new equipment or processes for Environental Impact before purchase.
- The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Management or equivalent experience;
- Minimum 2-5 years of related Environmental experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to safe working practices;
- Ability to effectively manage and delegate while maintaining forward motion on key results and deliverables;
- Ability to develop strong relationships with government agencies, including state and federal EPA;
- Proven team player with ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at the highest level;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and
- Strong mentoring, training and coaching to colleagues.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand, walk, use hands to operate equipment, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The work environment has no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions and includes travel occasionally by land and/or air.
Disclaimer, Acknowledgments and Signatures
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Ellwood Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, military or veteran status, or other basis protected by applicable law.
See job description