Job Title: Electrocardiograph Tech / EKG Technologist
Location - Madison, WI 53792
Contract Duration: Three plus months (Possible Contract to Hire)
- As experience and proficiency develops, the incumbent will be expected to perform clinical examinations with adults and geriatric patients, and occasionally with adolescents and pediatric age groups.
- The examinations are performed in the laboratory, with the exception of portable examinations, which are done in the intensive care units, critical care units, operating rooms, emergency department, and on patient units when the patient cannot be transported to the lab.
- The incumbent has daily contact with professionals and families, both inside and outside the hospital setting.
- The Associate Vascular and Echo Diagnostic Specialist encounters difficult problems related to examination evaluations on a daily basis and resolves them with assistance from higher- level specialists or the lab manager.
- The incumbent is able to assist with transesophageal echocardiograms, dobutamine, and exercise stress echocardiograms, as well as, peripheral non-invasive testing, carotid and transcranial duplex, aorta, and renal duplex scans.
- Preliminary impressions of examination results are relayed to referring physicians both within the hospital and at outside clinics and organizations.
Minimum: Bachelor of Science Degree or specialized training in a health-related field, such as Biological Sciences, Nursing, Radiology, or other Health Science
Minimum: 1-year prior Cardiac experience
Preferred: Prior travel experience
Registration as an Echocardiography Technologist.
CPR certification (BLS / AHA)
Monday – Friday: 7:00 am -3: 30pm or 7:30 am - 4:00 pm (Day shift).
No Call or Weekends