Mental Health Resource Center is looking for a Community Resource Specialist to work with MHRC’s Comprehensive Services Center (CSC).
The Community Resource Specialist is responsible for conducting assessments on all individuals served by the Comprehensive Services Center (CSC) in order to determine their need and eligibility for entitlement programs, such as Medicaid and food stamps, and to help them access other community resources, such as housing options.
This is an ideal opportunity for an individual who is dedicated to providing a caring environment that provides high quality services and enjoys working in a team atmosphere.
The essential functions of the Community Resource Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Assesses each individual’s entitlement and community resource needs.
- Provides assistance with persons seeking entitlements and other community resources.
- Assists persons with utilizing the State Access system.
- Assists individuals with collecting documents to complete entitlement applications.
- Refers eligible individuals in need of social security application assistance to SOAR processors.
- Tracks entitlement applications and conducts follow-up on status of pending applications.
- Communicates additional service needs of persons served to CSC team.
- Maintains documentation accurately and completely, ensuring complete
This full time position offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Renaissance Behavioral Health Systems is comprised of two not-for-profit organizations:
- Renaissance Behavioral Health Systems (RBHS)
- Mental Health Resource Center (MHRC)
These not-for profit organizations work together to provide a wide array of mental health, substance abuse, and social services to children and adults throughout Duval County (Jacksonville) and other Florida counties. RBHS and MHRC have 500 employees throughout Florida.
The mission of Mental Health Resource Center (MHRC) is to help people improve their well-being and achieve their goals by providing comprehensive behavioral healthcare and social services. We view MHRC as a leader in the behavioral health and social services field, and we will continuously strive to provide services of the highest quality and effectiveness. Our services will be provided in the most appropriate, least restrictive setting and in the most cost-effective manner utilizing caring, professional staff.
Visit us at www.mhrcflorida.com
- In order to be considered, a candidate must have a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Six months working in healthcare, social services, or behavioral health setting required.
- Requires interactions with individuals who may have a mental illness; interactions may take place in an office setting, emergency services, or locked inpatient unit.
- Must exercise judgment required of position. This includes, but is not limited to, managing work tasks independently, recognizing life threatening situations, safety risks, abuse, neglect, or other emergencies and responding appropriately.
Candidates may apply in person (M-F 9am-4pm) or send a resume to Renaissance Behavioral Health Systems Attention: Human Resources Department 10550 Deerwood Park Boulevard Suite 600 Jacksonville, Florida 32256. Faxed resumes are also welcome at 904-493-5910. You may email your resume it firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us on the web at www.mhrcflorida.com click on the ‘Join Our Team’ tab.
NOTE TO APPLICANT:
All employees of Renaissance Behavioral Health Systems and Mental Health Resource Center are required to complete a criminal background screen. All employment offers are contingent upon completion of the criminal background screen with satisfactory results. It is essential that all information on the application be completed accurately. A conviction will not necessarily disqualify applicants from employment.
Renaissance Behavioral Health Systems and Mental Health Resource Center encourage all applicants to take advantage of opportunities for hire, and if internal applicant, transfers, promotions, and advancement, regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, handicap, disability, marital status, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.