- Performs complex environmental tests on components and assemblies
- Observes and accumulates records, plots and
- charts data derived from tests
- May use hand and power tools in the construction of test setups
- Performs instrumentation functions necessary for test setups and test performance
- Assembles, disassembles, repairs, and makes minor modifications to internal precision mechanical mechanisms of vapor
deposition equipment, using hand and power tools
- Works from prints, sketches or written or verbal information
- Cleans equipment to required standards
- Sets up and aligns mechanical portions of equipment and installs fixtures to an exacting degree of preciseness, using
necessary precision measuring instruments
- Installs associated environmental and vapor deposition plumbing hardware Arranges and dismantles test apparatus
- Determines specific types of electronic, electrical, and/or mechanical instrumentation or configurations required for
- Installs and incorporates these requirements only on department owned equipment, only after the specific equipment
power disconnect, and in full compliance with all applicable codes and standards
- Performs such environmental tests as altitude, temperature, temperature-altitude, solar radiation, humidity, leakage,
vibration, impact shock, and space environmental tests
- Must demonstrate computer literacy to the extent required to support requirement
- Maintains, modifies, and sets up mechanical and instrumentation equipment of automatic and manual vapor deposition
- Must be able to perform helium leak detection operations
- Determine methods and sequences used to perform experimental assembly, test or diagnostic work for engineering,
development and evaluation purposes Performs monitor operations of hardware during environmental test activities
Supports systems test personnel during test setups and post test activities.
- Will be expected to perform quality inspection and acceptance tasks Certification of ability to perform to the above is
required and must be obtained from the quality assurance control center
- Performs related and incidental work
- May be required to train team members and new employees
- May assist technical staff and assist and direct lower-classified technicians in related work
- Must be able to follow exacting written and verbal instructions
- Must obtain required certifications necessary to perform job tasks
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Requires college/trade school with a minimum of 21 units of mathematics, chemistry, physics, electronic theory or mechanically-oriented classes
- Six (6) years of related experience in setting up and performing environmental tests
- Fundamental working knowledge of electrical theory and application.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.