EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE MANAGER
About the Company:
Franklin’s Earthmoving, Inc. (FEI) is a reputable established company formed in 1958 in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Company provides turnkey solutions to commercial, residential and public works clients including Earthwork, Underground Utilities, Concrete and Asphalt. Franklin’s is well-known for its quality and stability in the community. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate who may be looking forward to growth, stability and learning.
Franklin offers competitive wages, incentives, profit sharing and an excellent benefit package including family health, dental and vision insurance. Franklin also offers paid time off, holidays and much more!
About the Position:
The primary function of this role is to ensure that ALL equipment is maintained and serviced per schedule, prioritize the maintenance of equipment, ordering and pricing of parts, coordinate the rental and return of equipment with rental companies, keep systems updated with current information, and manage and lead the shop maintenance and parts-runner personnel.
The Equipment Maintenance Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Create and maintain an updated schedule of Equipment Maintenance including Oil Changes, Regular Maintenance.
- Order, price and coordinate parts purchases needed for Equipment Maintenance.
- Create daily task lists for parts-runners and manage their workflow.
- Create weekly schedule of Equipment Maintenance and manage the maintenance work flow.
- Coordinate all rental equipment, and their returns with various rental companies.
- Update systems with rental equipment, coordinate with Accounting about rental equipment and returns.
- Organize, manage and track Shop Inventory, and manage the process of giving supplies to company employees and record-keeping.
- Keep the Shop floor, inventory storage and yard clean, organized and well-maintained.
- 5 or more years of related experience in leading and managing heavy equipment maintenance.
- Demonstrated success in managing employees.
- Demonstrated success in Customer Service.
- Demonstrated success in scheduling, maintaining and managing shop with more than 200 heavy construction equipment.
- Some experience creating, working within and/or administering an assigned budget, preferred or ability to learn same.
- Proven ability to develop relationships and to work with teams as both a leader and a participant.
- Hands-on experience leading and managing a heavy equipment maintenance shop.
- High standard of ethics, integrity and trust.
- Must be able to pass pre -employment criminal background check.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures outlined in Employee Handbook.
- Must be able to work under time constraints as needed.
- Must display a professional and courteous attitude toward co-workers, supervisors and general public at all times.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to pass pre -employment drug screening, physical and criminal background check.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to safely drive a vehicle for long periods of time.
- Able to work extended hours if needed.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Successful candidate must meet all conditions of Franklin’s Drug and Alcohol testing, physical and background screening requirements as a condition of employment.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), both the analysis of work and the position description must focus on essential functions and what are actually required and not the ways they are currently or customarily performed. “The term essential function means the fundamental job duties of the employment position the individual with a disability holds or desires.” (Reference 29 CFR §1630.2(n)(1).) The physical demands for this position is as follows: stretching, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling; reaching, handling, talking, hearing; seeing; or other demands.
FEI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. FEI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
FEI participates in E-Verify