Join the dedicated team at the Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia’s Early Childhood Learning Center! We are seeking a full time teacher to join our educational team for our year-round, full-day preschool for infants through Pre-K.
The ECLC Educators co-teach in a professional, collaborative environment (applicants do not need to be of the Jewish faith to apply). Our year-round program is inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach to Education based on viewing our students as competent and capable learners. Educators and students are co-researchers learning together inside and outside of the classroom.
- Have a CDA, AA or BA in Early Childhood Education or child related field
- Engage with the children in their care in order to discover the needs of each individual child
- Create differentiated learning experiences for the many different learning styles within their class
- Collaborate with a team of co-educators and Administrators to meet the needs of the children
- Work closely with ECLC families as partners in their child’s learning
- Have experience working in a childcare setting with children ages 0-5 years old.
- Have excellent organizational and teamwork skills
- Are proficient in written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoy continued professional growth while participating in Professional Development opportunities throughout the year
- Having experience or knowledge of emergent curriculum, project approach, and/or the Reggio Emilia inspired philosophy is a plus
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Life and Disability insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan options
- Discounted Childcare
- JCCNV family membership: fitness center, pool, classes, etc.
- Ongoing Professional Development opportunities
Applicants do not need to be of the Jewish faith but must be open to learning how to incorporate Jewish culture and values in the classroom.
Please send a cover letter, resume and three references to Amit.Hickman@JCCNV.org
Qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.