Reporting into the lead Estimator and getting to broaden experience in services on a wide range of projects bid-build, design-build, EPC projects.
Company stability with strong pipeline. Specializing in Earthworks, unities, and sit development.
- Review owner plans and specifications to develop a comprehensive understanding of the project; develop plan for the actual construction to serve as basis for the estimate.
- Conduct site investigation prior to forming a plan of operations to identify any problems or conditions of an unusual nature that may be present.
- Utilize engineer techniques and procedures to conduct investigation and adhere to standard company policy and procedures.
- Support the development of conceptual estimates, technical proposals on design-built lump sum, construction management and conceptual estimating.
- Use detailed construction analysis and historical costs to develop schedules and prepare comprehensive cost estimates to preform the work.
- Establish and maintain budget control during Estimating/Precon phases of project.
- Play a critical role in assisting tender evaluations and present and defend the estimated to Senior Management.
- Close out estimates
- Perform all other job-related duties as requested by your manager.
- Work closely with procurement department
- Attend Bid meetings and obtain clarification on plans and specifications from architects and engineers when necessary
Academic & Work Experience:
- Bachelors of Engineering / Technology/Construction Management
- The candidate should have over 8 years' experience in the Construction industry, out of which at least 2 years in estimating cost experience in preparation detailed estimate for construction indirect and one or more disciplines for large EPC projects.
- Have knowledge in some or all the following: civil/site construction, foundation and structural systems, interior finishes, exterior wall systems, mechanical and electrical systems and the costs of these systems.
- Bi-lingual in English & Spanish is preferred.
Job Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Demonstrated intermediate-to-advance understanding of Estimating core processes requiring minimal direction and supervision.
- Advanced knowledge of EPC estimating methods, processes, and procedures. Understands estimate types, classifications, and components. Specifically understands detail level estimates and design packages. Experience with Lump Sum Design Build and/or OOM estimates.
- Significant knowledge and experience in quantity takeoffs, statistical analysis, and cost and price analysis, life cycle analysis and management of personnel.
- Advanced knowledge of craft productivity, current market pricing in related areas and knowledge of construction practices in local work region.
- Advanced knowledge of construction methods and techniques in area of specialization and have a general understanding of other disciplines. Familiar with engineering and construction codes and standards.
- Thorough understanding of cost index and escalation projection sources.
- Understanding of project cash flows and the corresponding time value of money as the cost of working capital.
- Understands and contributes to risk and contingency assessments.
- Proficient in Microsoft software applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint). Proficient in estimating used for discipline estimates and knowledgeable of at least one general estimating system (HCSS, Candy, Aspen Tech, etc.) 300759954
- Skilled in oral and written communications, including presentation skills and ability to address a group of supervisors.
Competitive compensation based on experience.
*Seeking a junior level professional