Echocardiography Technologist – weekday 8am to 5pm
Performs Echocardiography, Stress Echocardiography and all other Cardiopulmonary testing procedures as required. Supports the Objectives and Philosophy of White-Wilson Medical Center.
- Assume responsibility for the proper procedure being performed in a safe manner.
- Work independently, utilizing ingenuity, dexterity, and initiative to produce optimal examinations.
- Monitor the patient's condition and needs while in the ultrasound department.
- Maintain a close communication with the Cardiologist or in his absence, the attending physician.
- Have a thorough knowledge of anatomy and physiology in relation to diagnostic echocardiography.
- Be responsible for overall department functions to the Practice Manager.
- Keep abreast of current and new procedures and equipment, update department procedures as required to maintain a high standard of efficiency and quality.
- Creation of preliminary reports on reporting system.
- Billing and coding of procedures
- Responsible for assuring the performance of preventative maintenance checks and repairs as required.
- Maintain a current certification of BLS.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Consistently displays a positive attitude and a personal commitment to excellence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
KNOWLEDGE: Echocardiography techniques and equipment operation. Knowledge in Stress/Dobutamine echo. Knowledge in use of Contrast agents preferred.
SKILLS: Operate a variety of equipment required to perform duties. Digital lab experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Certificate from Diagnostic Medical Sonographer School.
- Customer service practices.
- Minimum one year experience in diagnostic sonography/echocardiography.
- Current BLS Certification.
- Current ARDMS registry.