ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Our client is looking to fill an immediate need for a Junior Research Analyst. In this role, the Junior Research Analyst will work with senior team members to provide economic and statistical analyses to litigation attorneys. The ideal candidate will be self- motivated, articulate and analytical.
Working under the direct supervision of experienced senior team members, the Junior Research Analyst will conduct economic research, summarize economic data (from Federal Reserve Banks, the U.S. Department of Labor, etc.), review legal documents (complaints, deposition transcripts, etc.) and analyze financial documents (tax returns, annual reports, etc.). The Junior Research Analyst also will assist senior team members in coordinating information / documents from clients, drafting reports, making calculations, and preparing demonstrative aids for trial.
Our client is a team of economists and analysts who provide economic and statistical analysis in a wide variety of litigated matters. Over the last three decades, the group has prepared thousands of appraisals of economic damages across a wide variety of cases that involve matters related to personal injury, labor law, medical malpractice, wrongful death, various employment issues (e.g., discrimination, whistle blower cases, etc.) and wrongful incarceration. During the last thirty years, we have also worked on mass torts and provided analyses regarding punitive damages.
The award-winning team of economists performs independent research and writes reports for individual attorneys, private industry and government agencies. Our consistently accurate analysis and our credible expert witness testimony represent the cornerstone of our business. While the majority of our assignments are litigation-related, we regularly conduct analyses for industry and individual clients. We pride ourselves on clear and understandable presentation of our work to clients, counsel and juries.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 2-3 years of related work experience in financial services industry
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Finance or a business-related discipline
- Required course work: Principles of Microeconomics; Principles of Macroeconomics; Statistics; Intermediate Microeconomics or Intermediate Macroeconomics; and Finance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Strong desire to learn new concepts from seasoned analysts and economists
- Solid understanding of financial principals (e.g., compound growth, present value, etc.)
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to manage one's own work / deadlines
- Sharp attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Our client provides a competitive salary and benefits and bonus potential. The group is committed to the short- and long-term professional development of team members.