Candidates should be self-starters who bring positive attitude, integrity, and enthusiasm to our team as we transform air transportation. You should be comfortable in a fast-paced, energetic company where we foster an environment of constant learning and one that values diversity of thought, humility, and open collaboration.
We’re hiring a self-motivated individual with experience in developing and testing requirements and specification for a complete aircraft hybrid powerplant including hybrid generator, electric propellers, inverters and battery pack based on inputs from a diverse team of engineers and scientists.
The successful candidate will work directly with the engineering team and third-party partners to ensure test measurement, characterization, modelization and simulation are adequately developed and validated to support full scale vehicle development as well as subscale UAV models.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- You will be responsible for several areas in advancing electrical and controls technologies, including:
- Requirements and specification definition for a complete aircraft hybrid powerplant including hybrid generator, electric propellers, inverters and battery pack.
- Leading the design of new electrical motor, inverter and battery packs and modules, including the development from first concept, through simulation, prototyping, testing.
- Organize and carry out physical characterization and component failure analysis work to support development with In-house testing and test laboratory management.
- Prepare and maintain procedures, validate methods and equipment, develop and implement protocols and failure replication testing
- Develop simplified control models to simulate behavior of every component to feed our dynamic plant and control models.
- Work with firmware engineers to implement algorithms in the different embedded units.
- Participate as a key player in the design-build-test process for our new concept, including requirements definition, conceptual, preliminary and detailed design, design reviews, prototyping, and testing
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with other engineers, technical personnel, and management
- Other duties as assigned by the Director
Required Skills and Experience
- A Masters with at least 5 years of experience in electrical engineering, or research emphasis on power system design, component characterization, power measurements, modelization and simulation.
- Hands-on experience in developing and implementing test analysis and measurement for power system characterization.
- Expertise in modeling and simulating dynamic models of electrical, thermal and mechanical systems.
- Collaborate with software and electronics design engineers and battery management experts to implement and evaluate various control strategies and algorithms.
- Expertise with Matlab – Simulink -Simscape and its toolboxes, complete V cycle of development and requirement managements