RCS has an exciting contract to direct hire opening for an Electric Transmission Line Construction Manager in Oakland, CA. This role offers a competitive salary and benefits for local candidates.
Who We Are:
RCS Corporation is a certified Woman Business Enterprise (WBE) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. RCS recruit’s top talent for direct hire and contract staffing positions, as well as provides customized and responsive payroll services. Recruiting specialties consist of Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology and Business Professionals.
Provide Construction Management Services necessary to assist client to achieve project scope, In-Service Date specific to the identified projects, and safety goals.
The contractor is to provide construction planning and management required to complete projects and to develop process and procedures consistent with industry best practice to mature the the client’s Construction Management organization.
Upon project execution, key milestones are:
- Constructability Review.
- Scope Approved.
- IFC / Final Design Issued.
- Construction Start.
- Construction Complete.
- In Service Date.
- As Builts Complete.
- Project Closeout.
The intermediate milestones dates are subject to change due to variable conditions.
- Active Construction Management:
- Follow Project Management process and client’s construction standards.
- Manage the planning and construction of the listed projects within the assigned In-Service dates and approved financial targets using the resources available through an internal project team consisting of environmental and land management, regulatory, engineering, operations, customer and governmental outreach, and construction personnel.
- Develop and maintain a detailed project plan to include any or all of the following (as applicable): materials plan, construction execution / sequencing plan, helicopter plan, contracting plan, outage plan and project closeout.
- Support/assist in dispute resolution through quantification of impacts of delays/accelerations, and cost/damages analysis.
- Manage field authorizations / change orders for inflight projects.
- Verify monthly invoice charges for work completed in the field by contract construction crews.
- Attend pre-construction kickoff.
- Review work plan daily/weekly/as needed with contract construction crews to ensure crews fully understand the scope of work and construction methodology.
- Identify hazards related to specific construction projects.
- Construction Management Maturity:
- Share / implement best practices from the construction industry.
- Develop processes and procedures for planning and managing construction projects.
- It is imperative that sufficient management direction and oversight is applied to manage the scope of each project, with day-to-day management provided by the Contractor and oversight provided by the client’s management.
- T&M for work on both actively planning and managing construction projects as well as helping mature the construction management model.
- Coordinate with and among project related service providers both internal stakeholders as well as vendors, suppliers, agencies, and contractor’s external to the client regarding work, timing, project issues/resolutions, etc.
- Provide for and accommodate the time needed to meet with the existing project management and inspection teams, and, to initiate/transition the projects from the existing Construction Management teams.
- Provide weekly / as needed status report for each project.
- Participate in project meetings with representatives from project management, construction, engineering, operations, permitting, materials, and others in attendance as required.
RCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. RCS provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, veteran or marital status.