Seeking an Electrical Engineer (Lead/Principal) for a Gaming Equipment, Accessories, and Gear Start-up in San Francisco, CA.
You will be responsible for the complete design process from hardware design concept through validation testing and final documentation.
Responsible for complete hardware design to include: conceptualization, feasibility testing, cost estimation, design, validation testing, and final documentation.
Responsible for understanding (not only Product) Technical roadmap, and how the technical roadmap plays into the product marketing roadmap, and how one product can be utilized across multiple platforms.
Understand cost implications and feature implications of the solutions that they sell
Able to communicate block diagrams to a cross functional teams, develop schematics, and communicate with EE’s on layouts.
Collaborate with engineering team to determine electrical product architecture.
Develop and own schematics and PCB layouts.
Perform electrical bring up, validation/verification, debug, and certification, as needed for all designs.
Write technical product requirements with comprehensive test procedures and verify performance through tests and product evaluations.
Successfully communicate and partner with other Gaming departments, outside contractors, as well as Asia ODM.
Must Have Skillsets:
- 5+ years proven track record of bringing consumer electrical products into production.
- Experience and knowledge of certification requirements, including UL, FCC, CE, USB-IF.
- Experience with component sourcing/selection, cost reduction.
- Able to review layouts, and understand fabrication processes for PCB manufacturing and SMT assembly
- Bring up boards, troubleshoot problems, write test reports and analyze results
- Understand comprehensively all agency approvals (worldwide). Good understanding of FCCE they are on the right track
- Understanding of product reliability/life-cycle, DFM/DFT, QA processes
- Capable of developing high volume, highly functional, low cost design solutions in a fast pace environment.
- Experience working with Asia ODM’s from initial product specifications, evaluating technical capabilities through product development management and mass production.
- High level of expertise with schematic capture and layout required. Mentor Graphics PADs experience is a plus.
- Good understanding of general electrical design best practices.
- Experience designing for EMI, ESD, etc…
- Understanding electrical system integration and power distribution.
- Knowledge of RF design and tuning concepts, including routing, antenna design, network analysis. Able to work with RF consultants as needed to produce quality RF designs.
- Knowledge of low-power embedded design concepts, especially power optimization.
- Working with Pads
- Be able to lead others on a team, including Asia suppliers
- Understanding of high volume manufacturing in the sense that they have to communicate with the NPI team on how to get the product into mass production.
- Quality control systems
- Consumer electronic industry, and audio or RF experience would be nice
- Knowledge of analog and digital audio design concepts. Knowledge of industry standards and state-of-technology is a plus.
- Proven ability to perceive needs, create theoretical solutions
- Bring to fruition electronic system designs providing superior performance, reliability and cost effectiveness.
Location: San Francisco, CA (Bryant Street)
Type: Fulltime (some remote work available)