Immediate opening for an Electrical Engineer working for a MEP consulting firm the Los Angeles area. This will be designing and engineering power and lighting systems for commercial and institutional buildings predominantly.
Responsibilities for the Electrical Engineer• Carry out routine design tasks such as service, feeder, and generator sizing, electrical branch circuitry, layout of devices
• Make calculations using engineering formulas such as mehcanical equipment loads, lighting calculations, power distribution calculations and equipment sizing
• Consulting with Lead Engineer, prepare engineering studies and schematic design for new systems and analyze operation of existing systems
• Possess general understanding of applicable building codes, consults with engineer regarding building code requirements
Requirements for the Electrical Engineer• BS in Electrical Engineering preferred; AS or CAD Certificate with specific experience is highly desirable.
• 2+ years experience with MEP designing and engineering
• Fundamental knowledge of electrical system design
• Revit proficiency highly desirable
• EIT or PE license highly desirable.
<Benefits for the Electrical Engineer• Direct hire role with company provided benefits.