Tired of the same old grind? Here is a chance to shake things up and push yourself to achieve your full potential. Pilkington leverages the skills and experience of all employees. A commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. You will work side by side with people you can trust and respect.
Pilkington is a highly acclaimed and international organization that hires new graduates as well as experienced professionals who are eager to build their careers. Our Company is dedicated to offering the highest quality products on the market today. We are the world’s leading supplier of glass and glazing systems to the automotive and building sectors.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Initiate and lead studies and take action to resolve problems (technical, process, safety or environmental)
- Project Management of all projects involving external contractors and ensure contractors working on site adhere to all plant safety policies.
- Develop, maintain & update electrical and site drawings as required via AutoCAD
- Assist in the commissioning of new plant equipment and systems following structured change process
- Audit, review, and update, as necessary, equipment and plant PM procedures
- Program, troubleshoot and repair PLC’s (Allen Bradley, Siemens, etc)
- Programming of Robotic cells (ABB and Kawasaki’s)
- Provide support as needed for the maintenance staff
- Programming of MMI/HMI’s along with servo and inverter drives (Yaskawa, TECO and Allen Bradley, etc)
- Troubleshoot and repair automated glass inspection systems
- Maintain electrical skills and knowledge through continuing education classes
- Adherence to NSG/Pilkington Standards of Business Conduct and its Values and Principles.
- Complete the capital expenditure process for assigned projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
- CAD drawing capabilities – Proficient in AutoCAD
- Experience in the programming of PLC’s, Inverter and servo drives, HMI/MMI’s, Robots
- Able to read and interpret electrical schematics, relay logic, and ladder diagrams
- 5 to 8 years of experience as an Electrical Engineer in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior maintenance supervisory experience a plus
- Experience designing electrical circuits for use in industrial controls, and knowledgeable of the NEC and OSHA standards as each relates to circuit design
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A self-starter who enjoys working on a variety of projects, and performs well under pressure.